1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

L.A. Noire PC is that true?

Discussion in 'Games' started by puma99dk|, May 15, 2011.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

i was wondering if it's true that L.A. Noire will come out to pc?

at VGReleases they say 20th of May is that a rumor or is it true?

but GTAfans posted “No plans to release L.A. Noire on PC or Mac” so i am just wondering anyone know what if it's a rumor or it's true that it will come on pc? ^^

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No LA Noire for PC.

Also, on VGReleases it says at the top "Not a valid game"

It's not happening, not any time soon anyways, though I hope it does.

3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Amazon doesn't list a Windows version, nor does GameStop. If it is coming out on PC, Rockstar didn't tell their channel partners about it (read: very, very unlikely within the next 3+ months).

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. hbk123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not coming out on PC unfortunately, only the PS3 and 360, another loss for the PC Community :(

5. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Rockstar generally doesn't port them (Red Dead series too) to PC except for Grand Theft Auto. It's a shame that they don't but they aren't showing any signs of breaking that trend.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    well to be fair after the terrible excuse for a port that grand theft auto was i don't blame them

7. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    it's still sad bcs it sounds like a good game on all the trailers that's out.

but i am not buying a Xbox360 just for this game if i do i will also be fore Dead or Alive 4 and Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 but i am still not counting on it, bcs everytime i got a consol i don't use it too offen so it's waste of money on it ._.

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm soooo picking up this game for my dusty and barely used PS3 tomorrow!

9. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I believe the concept is interesting, and a real winner if rockstar does dlc correctly.

While I usually hate nickel and diming, Rockstar has a track record of releasing an excellent product, and if they put half the effort of GTA4 into Noir it will be a unique experience. Future expansions at 4-5 dollars a pop will be a no-brainer if the main game gets half as addictive as Rockstar is saying...

That said, I'm not lining up for the initial release. This is one game where, even if it was available same day for the PC, I would wait. Give me a full price GOTY edition in 6 months that includes the expansions, then we'll talk.

I applaud Rockstar for taking the video game to the level of an "interactive story." I wish them the best of luck in their endeavours, and wish they would show the PC some actual love. Too bad the rumors of a PC port are exactly that. Rockstar has opened the door for a port later, but basically said not anytime soon.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I love Red Dead. Grand theft you can keep.

11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I could care less about Rockstar's other games in this instance. This is something new, and mid 20th century Detective stuff is totally something that interests me. Reading facial expressions in a computer game?! That's pretty win in my book.

12. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    If reviews come back good I will buy this over the weekend. It looks good for sure! and my PS3 hasn't been powered on in about 6 months.

13. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    ugh if only this pic was true. clicked the link and it said $59.99

[​IMG]

14. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    An old friend of mine made it into the game. Plays a journalist, lucky bastard got a couple lines and the facial capture setup:

http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/Dan_Ryckert

Lucky guy works at Game Informer now and gets paid bank to play games and break world records.

I'd buy this for PC in a hearbeat, ihazsad

15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You know, this same thing happened back with GTA San Andreas. Rockstar said there would be no PC version, so I went and bought a console to play it on. 4 months later it was out for PC.

Rockstar also said the DLC for GTA4 would not be on PC. Lookie, lookie, totally available now.

I know Rockstar is capable of making a port, but if they do, I'm not gonna buy. I'll go and rent the console version to play it, and they will get none of my cash...the rental place will.

16. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Who rents these days? :p

17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Been a while for me even, several years. I do not download anything I shouldn't which means that if it weren't for the library, I'd miss many movies. I do not do the download thing, at all; I pay for basically everything.

Actually, now that I think about it, I CAN get this game from the library, and nobody will get any cash for it.

18. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Would you play a free demo?

19. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Typically, no. I'll buy, and if I find I didn't like the title, typically my kids will enjoy it just fine...they aren't such discriminate gamers.

Kids get console games form the library every weekend, and I tell them to let me know if they want em to buy them the title. I'll usually get the title and paly it before allowing them, depending on rating.

Rockstar's games usualyl ahve a much more mature storyline, so as such, there's no willy-nilly purchasing of thier products, from me.

20. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but would you really let your kids play a murder mystery?

Either way, the game will get lots of money.

21. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Sure, but that's not my point...that exactly why I WON'T buy. The kids jsut aren't old enough for this sort of game.

I bought the GTA4 episodes, simply for the benchmarks. they were alright games..Rockstar usually does a good job, so I do have no doubt this title will sell.

I do doubt it wil enver be released on PC. It may be console-exclusive for a while, sure.

And if there is a PC release, whether I like it or not, I'll buy it. But I'm not gonna buy any console games, nope.

22. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    If it ever comes to PC, it will run horribly bad, just like the majority of console ports run.
    Like it or not, PC exclusives are non-existent and consoles are taking over the gaming industry. The PC platform is a last thought on developers minds. You can't blame them either, consoles make the most money.

I'll be purchasing this for 360 sometime this week. This game looks fantastic. I enjoyed Heavy Rain despite its non-existent replay value, I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy L.A. Noire. Lately for me, games are more fun if they have a great single player experience. I'd rather spend my money on a well developed single player game, than a half assed piece of giant turd games that have been coming out lately.

23. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Its actually a good thing Rockstar doesn't port more to PC. Their ports are typically very...bad. Tends to be a lot of bugs and performance in the toilet. Which is a shame because Red Dead and Noire will likely never see their full glory on console. Just too hardware limited.

24. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    A bad port of a good game is better than no port at all. Case in point: Red Faction: Guerilla, Saints Row 2, and Grand Theft Auto IV. They're playable but take more powerful hardware to run.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I never had any trouble with R*'s ports of GTA3, VC, and SA. However, Bully was very bad, but it is now patched.

Too early to tell if L.A. Noire will be on the PC. We aren't sure how well this new engine runs on the PC. GTA4's Rage engine is a resource hog on the PC, thus the reason why RDR is not on the PC yet. L.A. Noire would be brilliant on the PC, but you're stuck on the console for now.