1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

L4D1/2 issues, possibly steam

Discussion in 'Games' started by ZakkWylde, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

Thanks Received:
    Over the last few weeks my girlfriend and I have been trying to play l4d1/2 together online (we're doing the long distance thing have been for last 2 years of university), anyway she's been having issues with the games, intermittently it freezes and the screen sort of shakes and then she will lose connection.

I'm having trouble diagnosing the problem I think it has something to do with her network/network speed, but i am unsure. She's playing it on a lappy, a dell studio 15, with a p8400 @ 2.26ghz with a ati mobility 3450, not an optimal gaming machine I know but its been getting the job done until lately. Tried knocking back the settings, I was thinking maybe a video driver update? (I don't believe it has been updated since the initial purchase) but she loses connection so that doesn't appear to be the problem. She's had the game since last Christmas but has just started having problems as of late. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    is she wired or wireless?
  3. ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

Thanks Received:
    wired connection
  4. ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

Thanks Received:
    bump ?
  5. Bo$$

Bo$$

Thanks Received:
    dunno, my ion netbook never has problems, update, check steam cache files, update ethernet drivers
    ZakkWylde says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. fusionblu

fusionblu

Thanks Received:
    It could only be either Steam is playing up or something is wrong with her network connection, but if the problem is becoming too frequent then it is probably her internet connection I would imagine.

Don't be alarmed when the screen in the game starts shaking and suddenly blacking out only to find the game has been disconnected and everyone is back in the lobby as that is what happens when you are disconnected in the middle of the game.
    ZakkWylde says thanks.