1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

l4d2 or borderlands

Discussion in 'Games' started by rescawen, Nov 20, 2009.

1. rescawen New Member

Thanks Received:
    I liked l4d2, which was a 7.5 game for me and dunno if borderlands suits me. I'v never really loved mmo's but they passable to kill time.

The idea of borderlands seems better, but which game should i get?

2. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well if you buy L4D2 you get to play with me potentially, I see that as reason enough ;)

:laugh:

3. cerver

cerver New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lfd2 100%

4. rescawen New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was leaning towards that 2 cauz didnt know could borderlands be failure

5. rescawen New Member

Thanks Received:
    any one else give a reason?

6. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you want a good multiplayer fps-rpg then get Borderlands, if you want some straight up zombie splatterin fps action get L4D2. Having both of them, I'd pay full price for L4D2 anyday while I think BL is overpriced right now.

7. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you are looking for a good single player game then it's Boarderlands all the way. Although you can play co-op online that community isn't as large as say L4D.

If you are looking to play co-op and play online with people then L4D 2 all the way. The single player aspect of L4D 2 can't touch Boaderlands as the demo is similar to L4D.

8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Agreed.

It really depends on the type of game you prefer. For me, i prefer L4D 2, mainly cause i enjoy fast moving zombie getting their limbs shot off with high powered guns.:)

9. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw borderlands in the title so I will say borderlands as I am a huge advocate of that game.

Borderlands is worth going through and getting at least one toon to 50 imo.

I think its worth it.

10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    borderlands is overhyped imo, definetly lfd2.

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I tried the L4D2 demo...and really it lost my interest fast. I enjoyed the first one, but was hoping for a little more than a WaW-like paint job over an already good game. L4D is fun, don't get me wrong, but it just get's old so fast for me anymore...frankly I prefer borderlands, SP and MP. If I want more intense MP though, WaW and CoD4 do just fine still, and if not, good ol' BF2 'till BC2. Everyone will have their opinions, at best see if you can find an opportunity to try both games at a friends' place or similar to see which might treat you the best for your dollar.

Personally, I don't even plan on picking up L4D2...but I still play Borderlands plenty. Granted I'm not a heavy-duty every free-minute I have kind of gamer anymore, and sure L4D2 has plenty of action and is great in coop, Borderlands is a blast in coop with some buddies and TS (screw the built-in voip, I never have used it in any game). It just depends on what you're after like EastCoast stated. If you want a more RPG-ish shooter with tons of loot, and coop, but an entertaining SP too, Borderlands all the way, or if you plan on playing online every time you play said game and care less about loot, L4D2 all the way.

:toast:

12. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I hate to say it but definitely borderlands, I have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 and in my opinion, Left 4 Dead 1 is better than 2, I hate the new enemies epecially that cheesy weak charger.

but as you can see my opinion is biased.

13. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    Borderlands. Lot more fun then L4D1or2. I think L4D is an over hyped game. tho its still okay.

14. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    If you're still playing L4D1 on a regular basis, get 2. If not, get Borderlands. I enjoyed L4D for about 12 hours and got over it. I've spent well over 100 hours on Borderlands.

15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Got to disagree here, Borderlands is not that fun SP, it's fun MP with a group of friends. If I was playing it SP, I would have stopped playing it by now.

16. rescawen New Member

Thanks Received:
    i played l4d1 1 times through and never played it again.

17. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    borderlands

18. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    l4d2 to me is that game you can pick up and play a game at any random time and have alot of fun.

borderlands messed with my eyes bec. of the shading/colors.. looked fun but since i didnt adjust to the look of the game i didnt give it much time and gave it away.

19. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I would say L4D2 all the way.

Borderlands was like Hellgate London meets Team Fortress 2, but not in a good way. As far as console games go, I would say Borderlands was good but not a must have. Cell shading is weak when compared to realism IMO. Of course Borderlands came out for PC, but it feels like it caters to the console gamer more.

20. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    L4D2, easily. you say you give it a 7.5? so you have played it? or just the demo?

if you give the demo a 7.5 then you'll give the game an 11

get it and don't regret getting that silly borderlands. l4d2 is like 5 games+ in one. the campaign Hard Rain is practically worth the price of admission alone imho

ok maybe not that much, but you get what i am sayin'

also, this is a recommendation for PC. idk about console. if its for xbox i say stick with something more suitable for console play. like the vid game version of Wheel Of Fortune or some shit

shevanel says thanks.
  21. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm then you must have given Killing Floor a 20 because that game is better than both L4D games combined, squared, and infinity.

22. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    and u just trolled... high five

23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, I don't know about trolling, but they are extrememly wrong. Just wrong. Killing floor is a pretty awful game on an old engine. Zombies are too slow. Well I regress, Killing Floor is the perfect game for those who are bad at playing Left 4 Dead. That said, I would go with Borderlands.

24. Munki

Munki

Thanks Received:
    Borderlands. Your choice of weapons are much better, its not the same old same old constantly like with L4D games. L4D is what I do when my mom is taking too long to get ready. Borderlands is much more interesting and gets you thinking.

Of course its my opinion.

25. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Played both, like L4D2 better. Borderlands will keep you entertained, but after a while, meh it gets boring. L4D2, scavenge never gets boring as long as you are playing with good players / friends.