1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LA Noire...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mindweaver, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I just bought LA Noire on the Jan 1st Steam deals for $12.49! and I have to say it is awesome so far! The facial expressions in the game are amazing. It uses a technology called MotionScan.
    Still pictures of the game do not do it justice!.. You have to see it in action. :toast: I was just wondering how many other TPUers have it? Post up! :rockout:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. BlackOmega

BlackOmega

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking about getting it,but Ive heard that other than the facial expressions the game is pretty boring and repetative.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    They had to get the body/facial expressions right in order for you to conduct interviews more or less accurately. The game is pretty good overall.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Just got it. My son plays it and indeed the face expressions are very natural and the lip sync is great. It also works good on my second machine, E8400 stock 3GHz and GTS450 512 MB. For 12,50 Euros I'm happy, Rockstar do great games.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  5. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Wow.. Nobody else has his game? love/like/hate?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I bought it on sale, haven't had too much of an opportunity to play it yet though. So I own it, no opinion yet. lol
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  7. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have it for 360, which the pc is pretty much a direct port of, so no improvements from what ive heard, but i was meh with the game, it bored the shit out of me i litterally had to force myself to play it for atleast 30 minutes, the gunplay was just blah, the driving was...nothing special.....maybe im just too action oriented but wasnt my type of game
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i made a post when it first was announced, about the tech specifically. it is awesome for sure. I got noire for ps3, thought about it during the steam sale but honestly the graphics were good enough on ps3, and that's the only reason to get a console port on pc for me, if i'm going to be using a controller anyway (with noire i would)

i am really disappointed with rockstar's ports. 5 years on and gtaiv still has so many problems it's unreal. at least noire seems to be better though :)
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  9. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I was going to buy it as a Christmas gift, but then I noticed the recipient didn't had the hardware required to run it. :\
    Still looks like an impressive game. Would try it if I didn't had other game priorities.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  10. JustaTinkerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm the opposite here, I loved it, but then I liked heavy rain as well.

I'm much more of an action guy as well but this game was a chill out.

Only thing is didn't like was the side missions, I just had my partner drive when ever I could.

Graphics wise I didn't think much of it, yeah the face's were good and all but wasn't my preferred style.
    Oh I said 1 thing I didn't like, sorry 2 things.....I got it day of release.... didn't like the £40 price tag much.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I have it on the PS3. Good game.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  12. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I agree it gets boring at times, but if you can push through those moments it has some awesome new tech for games. Plus, when I get bored and needs some action I just drive and take calls to check out stuff. All of that has been gun play so far. I hope like hell that GTA V has this new MotionScan.

yea, I'm an action guy too, but you're right this is a good chill out game. It also feels like a game I can get my wife to play with me as well. hehehe hopefully she can see it as quality time!... :roll:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Ditto. Was actually the ONLY physical copy of a game I bought this year, not too mention the only game I bought for my PS3 as well(I never figured it would come to PC)

I enjoyed it alot and got all the DLC for it too boot.
  14. MK-20

MK-20 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same here, it seemed to get fairly positive reviews so I thought why not. I'll let you all know how I get on if I get round to playing it anytime soon ;)
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I love detective stuff, so this game is a good fit for me. I love the motion capture tech in this game, it brings a whole new level of realism. I just hope that Rockstar and other companies go this route in the future.