1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lag issues - beta 0.25 build 10

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by tritium, Nov 26, 2006.

1. tritium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I've been having some lag issues with my PC when playing 3D games (Call of Duty 2). Initially, I've been looking at hardware issues as the cause of my problems. However, having changed lots of different components and still couldn't solve the problem.

After some experimenting, I've pinpointed the problem to ATI Tool 0.25 beta build 10. If I have ATI Tool set to start on boot, I experience the problem. If I load it manually (or restart ATI Tool manually) then I don't experience any issues.

The problem I get is that my game lags every few minutes, causing non-responsiveness of my mouse and keyboard (both are USB), and a complete slowdown of my PC. If I'm playing CoD2, my 'character' starts sliding about uncontrollably, but everything else around me is normal (other players are running about and shooting, sound is ok, Ventrilo still works ok (usually).

Now that I've identified the problem, I will try some later versions of ATI Tool as I suspect that perhaps a recent windows update is causing a conflict. My main reason to post here is to see if this is a known issue or if anyone else has experienced a similar problem?

My specs:
    DFI nF4 Ultra-D, 6.66 chipset drivers, 406 BIOS
    Athlon64 San Diego 3700+
    G.Skill HS 2x1Gb RAM, 200Mhz 2.5-3-3-6
    Sapphire x800GTO2, 6.11 Catalyst drivers, ATI Tool 0.25 beta build 10

All comments and help are much appreciated! :)