1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LAN Case...Small & w/ handles

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Franklinwallbrown, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Franklinwallbrown

Franklinwallbrown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys know of any cases that will fit a full ATX board, crossfired 4870s, regular PSU, 7xslots, etc. w/ handles so you you can carry it araidin'?

2. kodex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, this is about the smallest case I know of that you can put an ATX board in. It doesn't have handles, but you can easily install those yourself if you own a power drill.

3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. kodex New Member

Thanks Received:
    He could go to Home Depot and get drawer handles and mounting hardware for under $10. They have some really cool ones if you look around. They aren't as heavy duty as the ones made by Lamptron, but they'll work fine for lifting a small computer case.

5. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ye but its just easier to install & you know its gonna turn out right with a proper kit.

Like, with a comp he is talking about, im sure he wouldnt mind the extra $25 to make it look good :p.

6. kodex New Member

Thanks Received:
    What's being sold with the Lamptron handles that better facilitates the installation? They're great and all, but I don't see any reason to spend so much money when you can get a set of something like these for $5. The only other things you need are some washers and you're golden.

7. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    How would you even attach them to the case :\? You would need to make or buy your own bracket...

8. kodex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any flat piece of steel of reasonable size and thickness would work. Drill two holes, cut or break off any excess metal, and you're done. I'm not saying it's easier than just buying the damn handles, but it's a great alternative for cheapskates like myself.

9. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL

Dw man id be the type to do a $5 dodgy job anyday...:p

But, im just saying......if he has spent so much on hardware, he might as well make it look good lol.