1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop Advice Needed

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by araditus, Mar 28, 2012.

1. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there, TPU has been my homepage for about 6 years now, and I know i dont post much but i do adore this place, I am coming to you all for some advice. when it comes to hardware I am comfortable, when it comes to laptops, not only do i not follow them at all, but I am weary of them becuase if i cannot build them myself, i dont trust them lol. One thing i am comfortable with and my family has had great service from in the past is thinkpads/lenovo (now). If I could get some recommendations from you all it would be great, here are my stipulations:

under 600$
    will use excel and trading software extensively
    HD video all the time
    occasional on the road Guild Wars 2 gameplay (and i want 60fps on medium settings) of course i will be able to plug in for gaming.
    battery life I would like 8 hours of websurfing at least/ trading
    no HP products, lenovo, MSI, acer preffered.

this is my frontrunner: lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992PU) Notebook AMD A-Serie...
    any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    Well being as currently in gw beta the graphics are on low detail no one can tell you what to look for performance wise for 60 fps we can speculate with the engine they are using that the graphics won't be ground breaking but until it' stability and the developers utilization of the engine is tested it's quite impossible at this stage.
  3. korhal

korhal New Member

Thanks Received:
    GG for breaking NDA
  4. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    yeh holdup a while Trinity laptops will be out very soon and they will do what you want
  5. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Your asking a lot for that price. Ive never seen a laptop with 8 hour batter life
  6. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    you will, and not just from Amd intel are onto that task ,and incidentally trinity's eminence is the exact reason for the tick+ over at intel so they will have something competitive out soon well with a discrete still:p
    araditus says thanks.
  7. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    i will wait till trinity, btw, my girlfriends x120e last over 11 hours because she uses it all day at school. I do realize its a different notebook entirely, but that little thing can play sims 3 very nicely.
    and gw2 wont take much for graphics power, look at the minimum specs, you can extrapolate from there within 8 fps i feel (<--- statistics major) lol thanks for the input, when is trinity supposed to be out?
  8. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    look at the 6650m benchmarks, bf3 @720 53 fps.

turn off discrete card and you gain a ton of batt life, ill never need it since the apu is fine for windows, not to mention you can crossfire them. its very possible to me under 600$