1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop battery issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kenkickr, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I have a Inspiron E1505. Nice laptop for my needs but I tried to do a bios update to it and it says The AC adapter must be plugged in. It is of course so I check the power utility in Windows it says the battery is not present even though it is. Checked the bios and it says no battery present. Could this be due to the AC adapter pluggin on the board since it feels loose to me or the actual Battery. The AC Adapter reads out perfect on my multi-meter.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. goober New Member

Thanks Received:
    can you unplug the power cord and the system stay on (battery power) or maybe your battery connector on the motherboard maybe bad or something like that.
  3. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?
  4. SimDoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the same issue. I am trying to update the BIOS but will not due to "missing" battery. My charger did die on me and I had to replace it. I also wound up having to reinstall XP. Ever since the reload, the battery has been missing in action. It will run without being plugged into the wall and the battery checks good with 5 green lights. Any suggestions on how to update the bios with this problem?
  5. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Last night I tried updating by making a flash drive bootable. It worked great til I entered the exe of the bios. It comes up stating it cannot flash due to Protection Mode. I am wondering if the AC connection solder points are bad because the if I jiggle the plug, system off of course, it seems to give quite a bit. I am going to take the notebook apart and see what it looks like. If it is bad I might just buy a different motherboard and get some dedicated graphics on this laptop.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart
    Crunching for Team TPU