1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop battery

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dedaylewis, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Dedaylewis New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have recently put a replacement laptop battery into my toshiba laptop. The battery charges fine and will run the system for about 1.5 to 2 hours. The computer will not show however the status of the battery charged or discharging the only way i know its charged is when the battery light on the laptop goes green.

Any help would be great

:(
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    try to down load updates from there site or formating it . o the other thing is it should last for about 6 hours doing nuthing so the battery might be defective or it could be the wrong battery
    also could u post the model # so i can look fo stuff to help thanks
  3. Dedaylewis New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi DR its a replacement battery for this model number PA3107U-1BAS. Thanks for the help.
  4. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think that it might be defective so if you could return it and try another one
  5. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Not sure that's exactly true .. if it's only a 6 cell battery then 2hrs of battery time sounds about right ... but like Dr said it should last longer if the laptop is not in use, it should go into hibernation which saves battery power ... If you're running XP you should be able to go into the contol panel and in power options calibrate the battery... a 12 cell battery is rated for 6 hours I do believe ...