1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

laptop cant find wireless after sudden restart

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by JanJan, Dec 22, 2010.

1. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    My laptop is hp dv6000. It tends to run hot and after extended use it would shutdown. It does that quite often but never before that it made network adapter (hardware) unfunctional! Did sth sorted when the laptop shutdown?

The switch keeps showing the "off" status BUT i can manually turn on and off the adapter in internet options. I cant look for available networks. Right now im writing via ethernet port. Please help

(device manager doesnt say the adapter have a problem either... But under "other devices", 2 "base system device" with location "PCI bus 5, device 5, function 3" got error driver not installed)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. JanJan

Thanks Received:
    looks like im buying a usb wireless adapter. is it a good idea? do you recommend anything good for ~$20-30?

3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    try to uninstall the driver, then restart
    after restart the rig will search for new driver, then install it and try again
    check on the device manager, does it appear ok?
    if it can turn on manually, i guess the hardware is ok the the err could be from the software
    check the launcher apps too

hope it helps