1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop only has W8 Drivers

Discussion in 'General Software' started by lyndonguitar, Feb 17, 2013.

1. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I bought a laptop earlier (asus k55vj), I installed Windows 7 on it, but found out that the drivers are only for Windows 8. I don't have windows 8 as of the moment and I don't plan on getting it.

How do I at least install some of the functionalities?? (Internet, Sound, Touchpad, etc), Will windows 8 drivers work just fine for windows 7? any help?
  2. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    EDIT: I browsed the cd drivers and I found that some of it are still compatible with windows 7 64bit. however, some are for windows 8 only

EDIT2: oops I quoted instead of editing, sorry
  3. zsolt_93

Thanks Received:
    Install drivers not from ASUS site or cd but from Intel/Broadcom or Atheros/Realtek/Synaptics/nVidia individually and for windows 7 .. You will find them all.
    lyndonguitar says thanks.
  4. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Yes, ethernet/wifi are mostly OS exclusive. However it's not hard to find the needed drivers for Windows 7. Either search on Asus site for other laptops with similar configurations (if they don't have windows 7 for your model) or goto individual sites of all the vendors.

For example it's really easy to find realtek sound because its the same for everything.
    lyndonguitar says thanks.
  5. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    ok thanks guys, I installed most if not all of the drivers now. whew! I thought i'll be forced to use Windows 8!