1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop Power issue, could be motherboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by drade, Mar 18, 2008.

1. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone its been almost 3 months since iv'e signed on but I check the articles daily, Anyways thats not the issue..

I have a 2005 Acer Aspire 5001 to be exact. Got a new battery and charger thinking that was the power issue but it still hasnt resolved the issue...I will press the power button and the charger LED will blink a few times orange, no power on. It would power on a few days ago but now it doesn't? I don't know whats going on, any suggestions help?
  2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    you need a new laptop or rma your current one if you can.. its mostly likely the laptops "psu" or motherboard.
  3. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Dangit! Yea thats what I thought, Since it is a older laptop I really dont feel like putting a down payment for acer support of 450$....That sucks! I guess some acer laptops are known to do that....Not good.
  4. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    I had a acer aspire xp1600 i think it was i sold it last year and the commont fault was the power connector on the motherboard coming loose over time and even snaping if it gets knocked it may need resoldering.

other than this the psu and mobo as suggested.

Could be the battery not taking charge anymore? but i think you could still run it with the psu.