1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop Wont Stay Asleep...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by satindemon4u, Aug 16, 2014.

1. satindemon4u

Thanks Received:
    I know I posted about this a while back, a long while. Anyway, my laptop won't stay asleep. Have tried putting it in sleep mode and hibernate. Neither one works. I can't say as to when it wakes back up but it's never within just a couple of minutes. If I go to bed and put it to sleep, odds are when I wake up it will be up as well.

Checked the network adapter settings and from what I can see, I have it checked to not wake the computer. Other ideas guys? This is getting pretty damn annoying. That, and I don't like the thought of my laptop just running hours on end for no reason.

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. satindemon4u

Thanks Received:
    Oh wow, I didn't know that. That was pretty damn helpful. Yeah, there was a wake timer set for automatic maintanence, stopped that. The last reason for wake though was...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Fixed Feature
    Power Button

Well, and after further looking it turns out the mouse and keyboard were both set to be able to wake the computer. It seems I only put a band-aid on the problem in the past.