• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Latest original BIOS for Sapphire HD4850 512MB GDDR3

netraider

Hi all,
I'm looking for latest original BIOS for Sapphire HD4850 512MB GDDR3. In VGA BIOS collection on this site I found several files for my card which differs by date. How to select the original (without some modifications) and latest ?

Fastmix

The bios from the database are all original with no modification....

You probably should download the one with a most recent date.

netraider

The bios from the database are all original with no modification....
I checked all the same bioses from database with Radeon BIOS editor and all of them has diferrent settings. Who made this modifications an how can I make right choiсe?

Fastmix

Different manufacturer (ati partners) make different mods to bios..when you check with Rbe..if you looks there is a place that tells you if the bios has been premodified with Rbe, the only way to mod a bios that we all have is Rbe so that alone should tell you that that bios was realesed like that.

Now if I were you..I would go with the bios that has the best powerplay and fan profile, compare the 2d settings, the one that offers the lowest voltage core/memory clock is the one that offers the best powerplay, for example I know that there is a Msi that brings the core to 160 in 2d.

On the other hand, if you are looking to push your card..You should look for one that has the highest 3d clock and voltage and with the highest CCC limit.

I hope this helps.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
Radeon Bios Editor.

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Ok do bad powerplay settings encourage stuttering? Or what exactly does it do? I am also looking for a steady, dependable bios for my Sapphire HD4850 any help appreciated please.

D

Deleted member 24505

Heres what mine can do,i have modded my bios with rbe.I can upload it if you want to try it?

Edit-here it is.

This is what i have done to it.

Attachments

• mod.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 592
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
tigger what drivers are you using as for some reason the 8.8's will not install for me? Also is yours voltmodded in anyway or modded as 740 is going some on the GPU Clock. Other than that i may try it :)

vicodin

hey tigger69 , your bios worked great! but, how did you set the clock/freq to 740/1125 ??

Are you using the stock cooler??

ty.

D

Deleted member 24505

The voltage was modded in the bios with rbe 1.14 to 1.158 in high 3d mode.I did not want to touch the ccc limit in the bios because ccc/cat 8.8 wont work.All i have done to the bios you can see in the above screenshot.

I am using cat 8.8 now,it installed fine and ccc lets me oc to 700/1100 no problem.I will be doing some 06 runs on 8.8 shortly to compare to 8.7 which i did the others with.

For all my overclocked runs on cat 8.7 i used rivatuner 2.10 and exited out of ccc,i dont know if i needed to exit ccc or not,if anyone knows any better let me know.

Anyway here is a shot of my ccc/overdrive with it happily at 700/1100.

Pic of driver version

I have an arctic accelero S1 R2 on it,with a 120mm fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

vicodin

oh, uau! nice...
can you post your new bios??

Your bios was the only one i found that worked here... :)

ty. ;P

D

Deleted member 24505

The one i posted in post no.9 ^^ is the one i am still using,works fine on cat 8.8 for me.I had to reinstall,and the first driver i installed was 8.8,i did not get no black screen on reboot.

vicodin

oh dude, so that's it ! :)

i thought you had another one ! ehehehe, but your mod worked straight here... i did not have to reinstall ! just amazing. :)

what clock/freq / fan speed do you recommend me to use? i'm using 650/1050 /50% fan speed+ a 120mm fan besides it , the card is with the stock cooler

D

Deleted member 24505

Just oc it with overdrive and do 3dmark06 runs.I run mine at 700/1100 now,its as far as i can go on overdrive, but its fine for me at those clocks.You can of course try rivatuner 2.10,i got mine to 750/1150 with that,using 3dmark06 to test.I would advise you to get a differant cooler though.

vicodin

oh, ok, i have already thought about that. i'm going to florida next month ( i'm from Brazil) and i'm buying some stuff there , may be in newegg if they sell for brazilians... i'm thinking about buying another HD4850 as they can work in crossfire and a cooler for them, which one should i buy??! eletronics in USA are really cheap. ;P here in BR it's too expensive !

I want to buy a ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA and a Q9650 as well, is it a good combination?

edit

Tigger! i tried the overdrive and it worked just FINE !

ty one more time ;P

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Thanks,i'm glad my bios worked out for you.

Also,if you are going to use riva tuner,then reset your clocks to stock on overdrive and exit out of it.You can then go as high as you can on riva tuner.If you oc higher than 700 using riva with ccc running,it buggers up and shows zero's for the clock speeds.I had to reboot is all to sort it,but if you exit ccc you dont have to reboot.

What i do is reset to default clocks on overdrive and untick the use overdrive box,then exit out of ccc so it is not running.
Then run riva tuner and oc the clocks as high as you like to test.When you are done,then reset the clocks in riva to default and exit.
Then run ccc again,if it dont show proper clocks in overdrive you need to reboot.

For normal use,i just use overdrive to oc it to 700/1100 which is fine for my games/resolution.

How high did you get on overdrive? 700/1100 work?

If you are going to use xfired cards,maybe a zalman vf1000 might not block the card to card cables,i am unsure though.

vicodin

hm, i'm afraid i could not go too high on overdrive... with all the ccc settings set as default ' controled by applicative' i reached 650/1050 with no slowdowns in games... ( i tried GRID and the resolution 1440x900 ). is it strange??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Its probalby down to the cooling,do you know what your card gpu temps are low/high? Try using gpu-z/or riva tuner to monitor then.

vicodin

sure.

iddle - 56ºC
load - 91ºC

so , do you think it could be the high temps ??

D

Deleted member 24505

I think it could well be,my temps are

Idle - 33c
load- 43c

Thats more than likely why it wont oc vry high.

My card has the same bios on it as yours,so it can only be the temp i guess.

vicodin

oh... shit =/ so, i'll really have to buy the VF1000 :p

or an accelero s1 rev2 + a 120mm fan ??

which is better??

D

Deleted member 24505

I think the Accelero is better,but the zalman might be a better bet for xfire.In my board it looks like i would have to run the accelero's on the two card fanless or they might not fit.I will just run them fanless when i get a second 4850,they will still run cooler than the stock cooler.You also dont need to mess about with fan profiles if you ditch the stock cooler.

I will try and get some pics of my pc this week.

vicodin

oh ok..i'm sorry but i didn't understand... it would be better( for xfire ) using a vf1000 or an accelero????