1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Le-1620(singlecore) vs Athlon X2 Dual core 4050e

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by u2konline, Nov 4, 2009.

1. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Well i think said i was only buying a emachine because i made a youtube account called emachine power :laugh: , i have a new account called dualcorepower

http://www.youtube.com/user/DualCorePower

I just want a simple dual core, best buy has plenty of them, so tomorrow night i plan to see what i can find. All dual cores(at best buy) has 2.6ghz and one has 2.7.
    The newest dual core in my price range seems to be this:
    Athlon II X2 215 2.7ghz September 2009.
    So as i said, all depends on what i see tomorrow. :)

2. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    u2k special like creamy crackers :)

3. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    :confused: :twitch:

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  4. i789 New Member

Thanks Received:
    How much are you willing to spend?? but anyway, tomorrow is definitely a good day to buy computer duocore or not ;)

5. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Thank goodness! Finally!

That is correct. They also own Packard Bell.

6. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    Why not Acer or Gateway? They own emachines and offer more for your money.

This is vastly superior http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113111
    Then just pick out a 99 dollar LCD off of newegg or tiger and combine with what you have(video cards). Then your system will be win.

7. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1652132&postcount=26

Dude thats over 500 dollars right there, plus with tax, i am looking at what $530 dollars something, and how am i going to put in my Sapphire 4670 1GB or my PNY 9800GT in it? :confused:

You do know i am not using a Pentium III or Celeron D with PCI cards at this moment, right? :laugh:

Under 500 dollars of course. Looking over at best buy, for a simple Dual core at this moment, i only see a few choices, so i will let you guys know what i bring back later tonight.
    Just looking for something better then my single core 2.4ghz rig, which i am giving away to a friend. So a dual core at 2.6ghz is just fine. Which one, just have to wait to i go there tonight. :)

:D I can't buy a duo core, i made a dualcorepower youtube account :roll: , but no worries , i am buying a duo core or one of those systems last week of dec :rockout: (secondary rig )

8. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Dude, how many prebuilts have you bought in the past 2 years? I mean really, just go buy you a good motherboard and a quad core and been done with it already. I remember three different computers you've had since being on TPU. At $500 apeice (give or take a few dollars), you've spent over $1500 on inferior computers. You could have one kick ass rig right now if you would have just built your own computer with that money.

I know this is falling on deaf ears, but damn man.

Kenshai and phanbuey say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Yes. But a single core is a single core :p

10. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    let him do what he wants with his money,and lets get on with life

11. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    Ah, didn't even look at the picture. You're right. It wouldn't fit.:roll:

What's the sales tax for your area?

12. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    All depends on what you do most of all on your computer? if its just gaming then the single core will most likely have the edge there, but in saying that games these days are getting more and more multi threaded so the dual core might win here, just depends on the game. If you like doing multiple things at once on ya desktop like, surfing, music, watching a movie etc all at the same time then a dual core will have the edge. Not that a single core wont do it, its that the dual core can do it alot better.
    if you go with the 4850e compared to your single core then you have a win win.

13. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    NO go, have to keep looking on sunday when i am out or wait until 2 weeks from now, and try again. I am not on a budget, but i have a limit right now, and best buy black friday , no sales, = failed.

Past 2 years? One. This single core. I really only had 2 computers my whole life man, relax.

I am in maryland right now, freaking 20 dollars dude.

14. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Join the darkside u2k....we have cookies.

15. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    bro... you bought a 4670 1gb AND a 9800gt for the same rig?!? :banghead:

you realize that a CFX/SLI setup or a Higher-tier(4870,gtx260) would almost always be at least 50% faster, and cost the same/less, right? Regardless of drivers/game developer.

You aslo realize that if you BUILD a computer, you can OC it... which means you can make a $400 machine perform like a $1000 pre-built machine? You can't OC pre-builts very easily, especially not the budget ones.

W/e piss away your money...

or cough up the $120 bucks for a tri-core CPU... the $70 for a REAL, OCable MB... sell both the 9800 and 4670 and get either a 5770 or a gtx260... and build yourself a real gaming rig.

Then you won't have to try to convince everyone that ur rig can run crysis with good settings and be playable... your MIN fps will be above what your AVERAGE fps is right now, and you will actally play the game, instead of taking screen shots at the very beginning of the game.

LOL.

16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Don't waste your breath. He likes spending his money the way he does, so just leave it be and help with us current issue. Several people have tried telling him this before and will try again. Just not me.....or you...or like 10 other people I can name.

phanbuey says thanks.
  17. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Yes.

Not sure why you are telling me this, when i am not doing crossfire or SLI. I buy more then one video card, because i switch back and forth at times and i also support Nvidia & ATI, so i buy both brands of cards all the time.

Overclocking is a waste of time IMO, if you want better performance, buy a new card or a better Rig.

I do have a real gaming rig, not just a rig you like. I can play pretty much any game at max or near max settings and still get 30-60 frames, so i don't see what the problem is. I don't need the newest and best stuff to get decent gaming performance. Stop being an obsessed gamer alright.

I am not trying to convince anyone, the fact is, i do get decent performance with Crysis games, the problem is , you guys do not believe me when i show you.

18. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

Typically takes me around 1 minute or so to get a decent clock, only takes longer to really push and make it bench mark stable.

So lets see I could turn an e5200 into a e7xxx processor for free : ]

Over clocking is not a waste of time at all.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    Zubasa says thanks.
  19. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Extreme amount of disagree, when you can take something that costs $100 and make it perform like something that can't even be bought(Most people run 3.4GHz+) with almost no time or effort, I don't see how it is a waste of time.

If you would try it, you would like it. You've got online shopping down, now make us proud and clock something just a bit higher.

20. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    LOL, it take around 5 minutes to get a mild OC. :laugh:

Well, I guess trying to convince you is a bigger waste of time. :cool:

21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    oc'ing can give extra performance for free
    thats why there is black edition cpus with unlocked multipliers

the dual core would win hands down, i dont even need to look at the OP for that

okay so i looked at the thread and you bought an asus with E5300 thats probly better than the AMD you wanted so well done on that one

im pretty shocked firstly at a sales guy actually giving someone good advice on what to buy and secondly for him persuading you with little effort :twitch:

as for resolution tell us the monitor model and make and we can look it up on the manufacturers website, im pretty sure it will do 1280x1024 which is a standard monitor res, 1280x720 is not as good but its similar its more like a tv resolution, depends on the size of the monitor too i guess i mean mines is a wired size just so it can get 1680x1050

LCD is just a technology it does define the resolution

22. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Props:respect:

23. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    guys just let him do what he wants, there is no point saying anything to him,if he wants advice on what he wants buy then give him it and not give him our PC enthusiast advice to him since he hasn't taken it at all

24. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    We all are, we only corrected an incorrect statement by him : ]

and I do believe that opinion doesn't matter for such a statement, its a case of maths anyway :laugh:

KieranD and Urbklr say thanks.
  25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    maybe ill just pretend im a sales guy so he will listen in future, jk man! :laugh:

each to his own as kurosagi says i give advice if he takes or not thats up to him i don't bother flame warring with him i haven't in months no point its just wasted time on my half and usually ends up in infractions

yes panther there is a distinct difference between reality and opinion some people think their opinion is reality for everything - thats too heavy psychology for this thread, i went overboard lol