1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

led lighting system

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by fergo, May 9, 2007.

1. fergo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

Not sure if you guys can help me out as it seems like a big ask.

I want to make a lighting system for my aquarium out of LED's.

the latest greatest in aquairum lighting uses led's. now they must supply the coral with the adequate lighting which is quiet bright. and i would also like it to supply night lighting with blue leds approx 470nm - 480nm.

now the greatest lighting system available, basically mimics the lunar cycle, gradually fadding in and out as the day goes on.

the web site for this system is http://www.solarisled.com/ if you want to have a look.

Im not so good with electronics so if someone could help me work out a DIY system that could do this, i would be forever happy.
  2. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    there are cases where your better off buying the original and forget the DIY. you will end up spending as much as if you bought one and it will not work as good. how in the world are you expecting to phase in the lighting variations to simulate natural lighting and your risking killing everything in your aquarium if it doesn't work right. bite the bullet and just buy one.