1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

lest we forget 9/11

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by intel igent, Sep 11, 2008.

1. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    today mark's the 7 year anniversary of the september 11th tragedy that took place in New York city.

let us take a moment to remember those those that perished in the event and those that helped in the aftermath.

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

and a little food for thought:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77488&hl=en-CA

there is no need for you to edit my post's polaris

edit #2 : it really is incredible where some people are at here on this forum, i posted this EXACT same thread in other forum's and guess what? everyone gave their moment of silence, respect and remembered those that were lost and those that gave SO much and moved on.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
    Ahhzz says thanks.
  2. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    The government will make you believe what they want you to believe. Very nice find. Im always up for controversy!

But a sad day for all us Americans.

Plus for another view, Watch "Loose Change" That changed my whole point of view on this

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  3. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    ummmm 7 years dude

intel igent says thanks.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Better yet DON'T watch "Loose Change". Its so full of BS its physically painful. It was made by a kid who pretends to know about things that isn't experienced enough to know.

candle_86, das müffin mann and SK-1 say thanks.
  5. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    my bad :eek: :eek: :eek:

it was early and i'm canadian :eek:

edited first post

@ trt: why did you delete your post?

6. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    You know what nevermind I like people from Canada, and it's your thread . Your right most likely our own goverment killed 3000 of it's own people, so we could invade two third world countries and we fooled the UK and several other countries, or maybe they were in on it too. Maybe it really was from a shadow goverment and aliens who time warped into the planes dressed as terrorist. At first I thought it was the Easter Bunny behind all this but now after seeing the video you posted I'm convinced it's a Alien take over. :laugh:

7. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    No thanks,...not hungry:rolleyes: had my fill of crazy beans and they give me gas anyway.

das müffin mann and trt740 say thanks.
  8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    whether or not it was a government conspiracy many died and that all i care about

as i said in the other thread tho just because it happened in America its very public and many feel patriotic when remembering it you take it way more serious than us in the UK

meh and see that july 7th thing it was nothing compared to this i hate when they make it it was that bad

i just like to remind myself not only this we shoudl remember but everything else like the other bombings in places like Spain i think Taiwan or some place there had a few too

9. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    it did and you are a fool to beleive anything else.

all in the name of OIL.

sad that people are SO blind :shadedshu

the whole world will suffer because of the greed that consume's those in "power"

10. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    If you quote me atleast use the whole quote

You know what nevermind I like people from Canada, and it's your thread . Your right most likely our own goverment killed 3000 of it's own people, so we could invade two third world countries and we fooled the UK and several other countries, or maybe they were in on it too. Maybe it really was from a shadow goverment and aliens who time warped into the planes dressed as terrorist. At first I thought it was the Easter Bunny behind all this but now after seeing the video you posted I'm convinced it's a Alien take over. Thats the important part don't leave it out. We are all so stupid, but you Mr. Intelligent you have shown us the error in our ways( you and Michael Moore) thanks :eek::respect: and for the record, I would fight for oil.

SK-1 says thanks.
  11. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    i've read enough of your crap to know that i don't have to quote all of it and frankly your responses make a mockerey of the situation and show just how ignorant you really are, but just to please you^^

watch the whole vid instead of 5min of it.

12. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    9/11 was not a conspiracy. end of discussion

also Micheal moore is a pompous jackass

theJesus, ShadowFold, viczulis and 2 others say thanks.
  13. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    9/11 IS/WAS a cospiracy.

that film i linked has NOTHING to do with michael moore, insted of making ignorant comment's why don't you try watching the film? it's only 1 1/2hrs long and QUITE informative.

in any event; i didn't post this thread to argue anything with anybody i posted this thread so we could remember the countless number of people who have died and been affected by this terrible, terrible tragedy.

can we please get back to remembering those people. take the trolling somewhere else thnx.

14. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    No more conspiracy talk or insults.

theJesus, SK-1 and intel igent say thanks.
  15. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    fair enough and thank you

that was not the intention of this thread in the first place

16. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    i did watch the movie, and i know it has nothing to do with Micheal Moore, trt mentioned him and i was stating what i think of him, and my family has been affected by this so don't call me a troll kthx

17. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Let us add civility to my prior request requiring no more conspiracy theories or insults. Is everything covered now? I would like to have a 911 tribute/remembrance thread. Don't make me close it because people can't avoid hurting each others feelings and having the last word.

So to summarize:
    • No more insults
    • Behave in a civil fashion
    • No more conspiracy talk

-------------

Does everyone remember where they were? I was in High School marching band practice when our instructor abruptly called us all in, which was unusual because we always worked hard right up until the end of class. He then silently turned on CNN and walked into his office without a word.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  18. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I remember it, but not for the reasons that most do. I remember it as the day this country went to hell in a hand basket. So many freedoms were lost in the name of protecting the nation from more non existent terrorist attacks. The really sad thing is the Americans applauded it and demanded that we attack back, starting an unwinnable war that has cost us the lives of thousands of American soldiers.

Very sad day indeed.

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember it pretty well too. It was a wake up call that people Iv never met or have done anything to want to kill me and everything I grew up respecting. I remember coming in to work stoned out of my mind and seeing the buildings smoking. At first I thought it was a Die Hard movie but then when I started to see the bodies falling I lost my buzz. I also called up the local Army recruiter to cuss him out for turning me down a week before. The funny thing was he agreed with me and asked me to come back in.

Anyways let the brave rest and the aggressors all burn in a fiery hell.

20. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was at a boarding school. It was sometime at night when this happened. We (a small circle I belonged to) would usually spend that time chatting with our warden (head of the dorms complex), talk random stuff, politics, sports etc. There was a small TV in his room, suddenly this news flashed and we were all gaping at it. My cousin worked in Manhattan so I was worried. He'd given me a set of fancy pencils with graphics of the NYC waterfront. I then realised how iconic WTC towers were to NY. Every illustration (graphics / pic / painting / sketch) of the waterfront was incomplete without the towers.

21. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    i was in 3rd period in 8th grade, i was wondering the halls with my best friend when we heard the announcement, everything just stopped, then i called my dad to see if he was alright (he had a meeting in the towers that day) he didn't pickup until a few hours later, it turns out he over slept and missed it altogether

22. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Today marks my 17th birthday

23. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    happy birthday

Urbklr says thanks.
  24. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    It would suck more on this date, if I was American. Back when it happened, I was the only happy guy in school, the teachers thought I was messed.

25. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I remember that day just like yesterday. I just pulled in to work and everyone was huddled around a tv, I saw the first tower burning and the talk of an "Accident" with a scarce plane. When the next plane hit, it was sickening to think what was going on.

That day will be as vivid as every other important day in my life. God Bless those who lost their lives that day. God Bless the selfless members of Fire and Rescue who died trying to save the innocent victims of this tragedy.