1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LF a new headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by -1nf1n1ty-, Sep 19, 2009.

1. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    The trittons arent doing it for me, Im looking for a headset about as good as the razer barracudas, where I can actually tell where people are coming from, with a different build quality, comfortable and above all.....5.1 help me out guys

if no one can help me out I may have to buy another set of barracudas... :\
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. ObSo-1337

ObSo-1337 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not sure about the quality of the barracudas as ive never used them. But i had a set of Speed Link Medusa 5.1 headset, they were really good, but break quite easily ;/
  3. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    yeah the medusas and the barracudas have the same build quality, what I liked about the barracudas is when im playing counter strike source I can actually TELL where people are so the positioning sound on the barracudas is phenomenal, Im just looking for a a suggested headset that I could get that has what the barracudas have without the crappy build quality if not then I have to buy another barracuda headset which is something I dont want to do

I just submited a ticket for tech support for my trittons cause I think theres something wrong with them hopefully they can give me some GREAT news if not then im buying a different headset
  4. ObSo-1337

ObSo-1337 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i play css alot, so i know what your talking about, i love my medusas, they really did help me locate enemy players. but i agree that the build quality was rubbish and unreliable. i dont have a lot of experience with headsets so i cant help you mate. I hope you cna fix yours :)
  5. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    There are a lot of crappy headsets out there. The supposed high end sets offer simulated surround sound and I am just not a fan whatsoever as my 5.1 speaker set up was way better. My buddy finally got his Psyko’s and they are a 5.1 speaker surround sound set up in headphones. The price will turn people off but the build quality isn’t cheap feeling at all. You can remove the mic as well.

http://www.psykoaudio.com/ I’m putting all the money I spend on lunch over the course of a week towards these headphones as I feel they are worth the money and are unlike the other headsets I’ve tried.
  6. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    those look like my trittons, but a lil bigger if I could get some reviews on them I may think about getting those

I AM 2 seconds away from buying the razer barracudas today, and I sure as hell dont wanna have to buy them and them breaking the next day
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009