1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LG Introduces New IPS Monitors with Cinema Screen Design and MHL Connectivity

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Jul 20, 2012.

1. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I have to say, I haven't been a fanboy of the LG monitors in the past but recently I think they are making a comeback. I have the IPS235 and I was gobsmacked how good the picture quality was and how nice the colours were even when comparing it to the DELL IPS2312HM which in Australia costs another $100.

It is disappointing LG haven't made the 27" version of this have a larger resolution, 1080p will certainly let down the otherwise fantastic looking screen.

Also, to potential buyers, I would take contrast ratios with a grain of salt of any monitor.

2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    What's funny is, LG panels are what you find in most IPS monitors. Even Dells, Apples, and even a good many Samsungs sport LG panels.

3. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Indeed, I was surprised with the difference between the Dell and the LG even though the Dell (i believe the Dell uses an LG panel anyway) uses an LG panel.

I suppose LG calibrated it much better or maybe the panel in the LG one is better.