1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LG Rumor 2

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Blackjack49, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Blackjack49

Blackjack49 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi this is kinda out of topic and i wasn't sure where to post this or even if i should? but i was wondering because i just got the LG rumor 2 phone and saw that on the phone it has messenger on it and was wondering if you have to pay to use it or if it was a free program?

THANKS!
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I know there is a phone forum at www.generalnonsense.net, but I'm not sure where to put it here.. but on to your question.

If you are referring to MSN messenger, to use it is free but you will have to pay for a Data/Internet plan for the phone. :toast:
  3. Blackjack49

Blackjack49 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so if i don't have a data internet plan its nor free?
  4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a data plan?

If you don't have a data plan and you use it, then will charge you by the Mb of traffic, so no that would not be free.

If you are connected to a wifi network (which I don't think that phone can do that), it is free cause it is not on their network.
  5. Blackjack49

Blackjack49 New Member

Thanks Received:
    k thanks
  6. kg4icg

kg4icg

Thanks Received:
    What carrier are you under?
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I just looked into the phone further. I don't know your carrier, but I don't see Wi-fi listed as a feature so it will always been on their network. As it is not classified as a "smart" phone the data plan with ATT would be rather cheap. With it only doing POP, IMAP, and IM, it would put you in the $5 to $15 data plan range. Virgin Mobile has a feature called the Ultimate Inbox that offers use of these same features, but I think it is already included in your plan when you get the phone with them. I would call or check your account online to see if you already his this feature with Virgin, if that is your carrier.

If your carrier is someone else, reply with it here.