1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Launches the PC-Q01 Mini-ITX PC Chassis

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, May 8, 2014.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    Lian Li today announces a new brushed aluminum Mini-ITX chassis - PC-Q01. This compact case is designed for small office/home PC environments and features a tool-lessly removable L-shaped cover that makes installations effortless in space-confined ITX systems.

Take Advantage of Increasingly Efficient SFF Hardware
    With its versatile storage capabilities, the 13.3L PC-Q01 provides ample space for hardware compatibility. Mini-ITX/Mini-DTX motherboards are supported, as well as double-slotted graphics cards and ATX power supplies up to 210 mm in length.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To provide maximum storage capabilities without compromising space, on both the side panel and case floor one 3.5" and one 2.5" or two 2.5" drives can be mounted, allowing for a total of 4 drives.

Passive or Fan Cooling
    Ideal for a quiet office, the passively cooled PC-Q01 features vent holes on the side, rear, and bottom panels. For extra cooling, a 120/140 mm fan can be installed on the case floor in place of drives.

Price and Availability
    The PC-Q01 will be available in black in Europe and the UK in the middle of May for the suggested retail prices of €49 / £39.

PC-Q01 Product Information and Detailed Specifications:
    http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q01/

2. dwade

Thanks Received:
    The front panel is Blank™.

3. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Cool stuff. I saw this awhile ago when they posted in another forum looking for feedback on new designs.

New Z97/H97, M.2 SSD, and an MSI GTX 760 (or R9-270X if you prefer) and there ya go. Custom short wiring for the board and video and it would be SOOOOOOO cute.

4. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah nice, i like the design. but its small and has limited airflow

5. SteveUp3D

SteveUp3D

Thanks Received:
    Lian Li always seems like great quality. (Aluminum is the best!) I agree with micropage7 on the airflow limitation (at least it looks like it might be an issue).

6. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    It may not be for the very high-end, but should allow for decent setups.

My wife's system is in a Q25, which is very similar to this case but 124mm longer. The heatsink just butts up against the power supply for cooling and it's enough to let the i5-3570 go all day under load at 3.6Ghz (4-core Turbo) along with her HD6850. Granted, there is one more fan in that case directly above that aids in cooling, but it spends most of it's time at mininum-rpm.

[​IMG]

So I've been thinking since last night that I could go with a new Z97/H97, i5-4690 (or there about) and one of the MSI ITX-length video cards. If it struggles with temp, time to modify the case bottom for better airflow and fan.

7. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    They should make a move and use 12V only design and use an external charger like laptops have...

8. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Not so sure about the external brick- reference epxerience-> Alienware X51 - I'd rather have the brick inside, not to lug it around.