1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li to Showcase 3 Desk Chassis Models at COMPUTEX 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 20, 2014.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd, is pleased to announce that three versions of its desk chassis, plus 7 new cases will be on display at COMPUTEX 2014 in Taipei, Taiwan from June 3 to June 7, 2014. Lian Li invites all interested parties to visit their booth, #D0629a Hall 1 at the World Trade Center. Booth visitors can take a seat at Lian Li's DK01, DK02, and DKQ1 desk chassis. Constructed of aluminum and combining the symbiotic relationship of desks and computer cases, these hybrid chassis allow DIY builders to build a full computer inside a desk and show off their hardware creations through tempered glass desktops.

In addition to the three desk chassis, booth visitors can get a hands-on preview of 7 new models before they hit the market, including test benches, small form factor cases, and mid-towers. Lian Li will be also be displaying its current line of mini, micro, mid, and full tower brushed aluminum chassis with the high quality build and features that are to be expected from Lian Li.

[​IMG]

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    really, really want one of these for a HTPC one day.

stick a TV on top, cordless peripherals - bam.

3. iO

iO

Thanks Received:
    Perfectly sized for first graders...

Prima.Vera says thanks.
  4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Already know it will be terrible. This is Lian Li. They can make it look nice, but they're absolutely moronic when it comes to fan placement, 120/140 drill holes, and just airflow in general. Their filters are frequently useless and in the wrong place, screwed into the fans. I've never seen a more self-sabotaging company.

5. H3LLSMAN

H3LLSMAN

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully that is the cheapest model it looks to small and plain design as it it would break if you stood ontop it.

6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So you know the specific height measurements of this thing? I'm not sure you do, so you can't really comment on not fitting human legs underneath it.

I'm sorry, I don't regularly stand on top of my computer desk while I use it. Also most of us prefer sleek plain designs as opposed to D4rksl4yerxXx360noscopeMLGPRO gaming cases that look like a damn Deceptocon.

It looks great, it's a cool idea for those who don't want to make a PC Case Desk mod. I've already seen the fan intake and exhaust sections and the layout of the desk is great. Unfortunately it's Lian Li, so it will cost a buttload of money.

7. sweet

Thanks Received:
  8. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Are those blue staff from liquid cooling??