1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Life is cruel (xbox rant...and a bit more)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Champ, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    So I've been thru my share of consoles. 3 or 4 xboxs and 2 PS3s. My latest xbox developed a problem last year. The disc drive sticks like crazy. You gotta almost rip it out to make it open. That's not the real problem. For Christmas, I brought myself a nice pair of force feedback headphone...yes, they are as cool as they sound. Shakes to bass. Closet thing to my car stereo. Yesterday I had them in the xbox along with my flashdrive loaded with music. I was listening and the unit just freeze. I thought nothing of it. Restart and guess what, the flash drive is dead. I just burning mad and called it a night. Just a few minutes ago, I plugged in my headphones to the PC and no shaky. They died too. So my xbox smoked both at the same time. I've had them replaced before (and don't know if I can do it again). I thought it was a defect, but I see it was my xbox. I swear I'm getting rid of it before someone comes over and stick their stuff in and it gets smoked. I'm not paying for anybody's stuff and I don't feel like slugging it out. I have the worst luck with gaming related stuff. I had to sell my PC because the PSU burned out. I think I'm going give up gaming and go back to car audio full time. I can't bring myself to buy another xbox (the 5th I think). And another PS3 is out of my budget. Well, I have my Wii:cry:

2. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    suicide is not the answer :laugh:

3. Nvidea New Member

Thanks Received:
    I no what you men.
    stuff and hard were like the xbox 360 ps3 and just about all p.c. items in side any rig.
    Are made in china whats this tell you not made two last.
    it mite be your body is giveing of lots static and all your computers fry out lol

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well it would stop them breaking down on him lol.

Anyways is this just a standard xBox ?. If so i'll sell ya one real cheap and you pay the postage lol. Oh else it will just sit in the basement waiting for another flood lol.

5. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    don't feed console makers? play pc games=win?:rockout:

6. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    call microshit

7. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    360 in case anyone was wondering. I brought the xbox on ebay for $100. Microsoft probably won't touch it. And to this day, I refuse to give Sony $150 to replace there crappy motherboard that burned out. They should have done I MS and fixed that bad units, but they swear nothing is wrong with them. I got one of the 40GB unit when they first dropped. Lots of those dead on ebay.

8. Nvidea New Member

Thanks Received:
  9. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont feel sorry for you one bit!! 4 xbox360s and 2 ps3s and you are still considering buying another xbox360.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  10. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    i smell a fan boy

11. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    hmm, 4 xboxes and 2 ps3s = 6 cyles.

I think you could have maintained a PC and lived with only 3/4 upgrades in the last 5 years and still keep it running

12. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    sounds about right thunder. You never think about while you're buying those consoles, but I could have built one hell of a rig with all that money.

13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    buyin 3 or 4 xbox's ???? and 2 Ps3's what happened to your warranty, just how much were you playing them

I have had 3 xbox 360's and 1 Ps3 and 1 Wii,
    On my 360's I had one, sent it to get repaired when it RROD'd and got another one, then it did it again so I had to buy a new one, then that one did it too but I fixed it and have been fine almost 2 years now,

My PS3 I have no problems with since launch,(changed the thermal paste from the getgo)

My Wii sits in my attic, never play it, don't like the games available for it.

the problem with the xbox drive is because the geares get weak in the drive and the drive can't separate from the magnet that holds the cd, or when that same magnet that latches to the cd to keep it tight that is nearly touching a piece of metal but not where it spins and after time the plastic piece holding the cd bends and gets too close, when theres no cd in the drive I had to bash the console to get it open, mine did it too but I put a thin piece of plastic in between the magnet and the metal part and haven't had that problem since, theres a ton of ways to fix that problem but you have to open the console and the drive and take the drive apart..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  14. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    stop buying used Arcade models off eBay.

15. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    absolutely, and instead of having a dead x360 every 1 year, you could sell ur gcard and processor say, and buy the latest and greatest with some additional investment

16. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    A friend of mine has been through 3 of the new 250GB S models already. Touch wood, I have only ever had 1 360 die on me. When tha one died I took it back to the store and swapped it for a new Jasper model.............which is rock solid for me.

Always keep your console well ventilated to help prevent overheating. Make sure you get a 120-250GB HDD and install any titles you are playing at that time. This saves wear and tear on your DVDROM (which can also cause a RRoD if it dies!). DO NOT BUY 2ND HAND CONSOLES! You don't know what some idiot has done to it and the 2nd hand stores NEVER fully test consoles (they just don't have the time).