1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LifeOnMars - The eBay Project £300 AMD Build in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by LifeOnMars, Dec 9, 2009.

1. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    good to hear man :toast:

2. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    Congrats on the job and the rig, friend. i think for £450 that's one hell of a PC. a couple of years ago i'd have spent close to £1500 for something comparable. you've done well there.

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    That PC you are getting, will max all games at 1920x1080, i run a GTX 260 on crysis and get 25fps which is dead smooth on my rig, so i hope the best for ya. :D

Im acctualy shocked at the price you got that rig for thats pretty amazing. :p 644 Us dollars, for 160 dollar processor, 130 dollar case, 170 dollar video card, which alone adds to 400+ bucks and that dosnt even add to how much ddr2 ram cost which would be 100 bucks for 4gb now LOL!. You got in euro to which is ussauly overpriced, GOOD JOB!!!!

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  4. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    gratz with the new machine:toast:, and when you've worked for some months you can do the p55/x58 depending on your economy, it isnt that expensive.

5. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers and thankyou for your kind words earlier. I'm pretty stoked really and I'm very sure I'll get the most out of it

That's nice to hear as currently its alot of money for me but like I said I have a huge catalogue of games that I want to work through and enjoy :)

Thats my thinking. Cheers......roll on January, as thats when my Xmas is :)

6. Sensi Karate

Sensi Karate New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm really happy that you achieved your goal of a gaming rig! You got a pretty good deal out of your money spent and I hope you have a great timing playing some classic and new titles down the line! I'm seriously similing atm because I'm so happy for you achievement, a rare thing on a internet forum. :p Hopefully this and your new job interview are your first steps into a new, better life for you and your girlfriend!

Congratz! :D

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  7. MK4512

MK4512 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good luck! Hope things turn up for you! If I see anything, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Read through, big Congratulations!

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  8. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers guys, will be nice to actually play the games rather than watching videos on youtube and drooling :) Another plus is I'll get to play some online games with my older bro who lives in the US, he's got a kick ass rig by the way. It's his fault I got into PC gaming.

9. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    UPDATE- The deal fell through....he needed funds quicker due to financial reasons which I understand totally. He refunded the initial £300 without a problem so it's fine. Since then I've been looking at components on here, ebay and other rigs. I'm now pleased to say I have another rig that I bid on and won for £450 again which I am recieving next Saturday...this time its been paid for in full and its slightly better :) Heres the specs -

Q6600 B stepping Revision G0 (the best for overclocking) at stock 2.4Ghz (oc's to 3.4/3.5)
    Asus P5N-T Deluxe
    4 GB Corair DDR2
    BFG GTX 275 OC 896mb DDR3
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme with 120mm fan
    Antec 900 case
    Everest 800w PSU
    320 gb Sata hdd Western Digital
    500 gb ide hdd - Will probably sell/trade this and get a samsung F3 1tb
    Sony dvd rw
    Card Reader

I'm thinking I will probably get a newer case and power supply at some point but should do everything I want it to do until its swapped out for a more modern setup:) What are everest power supplies like?

EDIT - Also has Vista Ultimate 32 & 64 bit retail with it. Can you upgrade this to windows 7 for a cheaper price?

10. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Still an awesome system, it beats everything I have owned before. You can upgrade to a win7 cheap if I am not wrong

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  11. Sensi Karate

Sensi Karate New Member

Thanks Received:
    At least your getting a better rig in the end! That computer is actually better in some points then my own. I feel jealous now. :p Also heres a chart that shows your options upgrading from Vista to Windows 7. You can buy the cheaper upgrade pack. ;)

[​IMG]

Best of luck mate. ;)

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  12. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers Sensi :) Do you think I should trade/sell the GTX 275 whilst it still has some value and get a DX11 card ?

13. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    personally i would say no DX11 is still along way away from mainstream yet.