1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Light OC on 3700+ San Diego

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Weigy104, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok in the past i have always overclocked new video cards that i get and have thought about doing the same to my cpu but always been a little worried as to what i might end up with (hole in mobo :( ) so ive always just left it but ive been reading around and having cleaned out my pc yesterday including all fans heatsinks and reaplying AS5 to my gpu and cpu i figure im ready cooling wise to start overclocking. I have no experience what so ever and would apreciate a little help in where to start tbh :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
  3. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    could anyone tell me what kind of overclock i could expect with my current setup and also where the hell the agp/pci lock function is in the bios cos i couldn't see it anywhere. thanks.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    i would say you should be able to hit 2.7ghz on air..as long as you set all the correct timings and change the htt to x3

5. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok that sounds pretty descent considering my memory :p but this pci/agp lock function i swear is hidden somewhere really stupid. Does anyone have a aclue where it is? or where it might be?

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i found out that to lock the agp/pci frequency i had to set the agp frequency to 68 and it worked. so i started overclocking i follow that guide that technicks posted (thanks btw) i set my memory divider to its lowest setting of 100 then set the htt multiplyer to 9x then set the htt frequency to 230 and booted to windows fine. Then using clockgen for nforce 3 chipsets i started raising the htt by 5mhz increments and got a super pi score of 44s but when i got my htt frequency to 250 it started locking up so i raised teh cpu vcore to 1.45 from 1.40 and tried again and it locked up still. Pls Help!!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. giorgos th.

giorgos th.

Thanks Received:
    lower your htt multi.you have it at 5?

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    nope it was set at 3x

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, perhaps another bump on your vcore...relax your timings just a tad on memory and maybe raise your divider a little too. 100 seems kind of low for a decent oc.

-the Eagle