1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lik-Sang loses grey import battle against Sony

Discussion in 'News' started by Darksaber, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lik-Sang is the place to go if you are looking for exotic console hardware not yet available in Europe. They were one of the first to sell Nintendo DS to Europeans before it was released. Sony sued Lik-Sang because it sold imported PSPs to European customers before the EU release, claiming it a breach of intellectual property rights. Sony now walked away in victory as a britsh court agreed. It is obvious that Sony is hard at work, trying to stop grey market importers from selling anything, but especially the Play Station 3, where it should not be available.

Source: Gameindustries.biz
  2. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    :toast:
  3. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I hope LikĀ“Sang is successful in their Appeal. Both M$ and $ONY are implementing restricted trade practice and price fixing through their Region control mechanisms.

They are "dumping" the consoles at a financial loss (damaging competition), and implementing control mechanisms on consumers (restricting freedom).

A Class Action lawsuit is overdue.
  4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    How could anyone come in to the video game business with Microsoft or Sony selling systems under cost, and losing billions.

I agree lemonadesoda