1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

limited wireless connectivity.....

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by fritoking, Feb 1, 2011.

1. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    ok ..so a co workers laptop had some major virus and spyware infection..i ran malware bytes anti malware and cleaned the pc.....rebooted and all was good. she took the pc home and the next day brought it back and said it has no internet. NOW i have the limited wireless connectivity or no internet access on the netowrk here at the house, which is strange since i downloaded malware bytes to the laptop here on my network... ive tried about everything i know to do..any suggestions besides uninstalling and re installing the wireless adapter?
  2. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    got it
  3. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Care to elaborate as I am stumped with this because I never had this happen before. Just in case it does occur to me would you mind sharing what fixed it for you? :)
  4. fritoking

fritoking

Thanks Received:
    for some reason the dial up adapter was enabled and the "always dial my connection" option was checked in the connection tab of internet options...deleted the dial up connection...checked "never dial a connection" rebooted and all was good
    JrRacinFan says thanks.