• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Links in sig

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Anyone else think its funny that 3991vhtes started this thread and 'My_Name' (new member) is finishing it? I didn't think you were allowed to make 2 names...

(I REALLY should stop causing trouble)

This probably should be verified via IP address and other things.

Fact is, this is not a rule unique to TPU. I know of NOWHERE that lets you do this. There is reasoning behind it, and there is no law guaranteeing free speech on TPU.

So too bad. :laugh:

Questioning authority to keep things under control is one thing. Questioning authority to "have your way" is what authority is for :laugh:

. But I will say this FTRI own 10 servers and my own business.

Flexing e-peen is begging for someone with a bigger e-peen to come and make yours smaller.

And it can be done :p

Last edited:

my_name

Anyone else think its funny that 3991vhtes started this thread and 'My_Name' (new member) is finishing it? I didn't think you were allowed to make 2 names...

(I REALLY should stop causing trouble)

First off-I am not 3991vhtes, secondly u never had an input here until now just because i'm new? parden me then! Just because I commented and agreed to his thread that makes me him? I don't think so.

my_name

This probably should be verified via IP address and other things.

Fact is, this is not a rule unique to TPU. I know of NOWHERE that lets you do this. There is reasoning behind it, and there is no law guaranteeing free speech on TPU.

So too bad. :laugh:

Questioning authority to keep things under control is one thing. Questioning authority to "have your way" is what authority is for :laugh:

PESONALLY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LINKS IN SIGS PER YOUR STATEMENT-I WAS COMMENTING ON IF ONE CAN'T DO IT THEN OTHERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED EITHER!-SECONDLY I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE THINKING IM 3991VHTES! EVERYONE THAT IS AN ADMIN, PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP WITH THESE RETARDS THAT THINK I AM SOMEONE ELSE! NO OFFENSE GIVEN DIRECTLY BUT COME ON WHEN U MADE YOUR FIRST REPLY/POST DID THEY ACCUSE U TO OF BEING SOMEONE ELSE? PROBABLY NOT!

Mediocre

Processor C2D E8400 @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-Pro w/ extra Vreg HS
Cooling Apogee GTX, 2x120mm DD, MCP-1000P Res/Pump, all 3/8" 7x80mm (4x push/pull, 2x exhaust, 1x side)
Memory 2 x 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 @ 800 (4-3-3-6)
Video Card(s) EVGA 9800GTX+
Storage 3 x 80 GB WD SATA300 (2x RAID 0)
Display(s) Scepter x37 1080p 37" LCD & Samsung 204B
Case CoolerMaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Mushkin HP-580AP (C/O TPU!)
Software Vista Ultimate (32-bit)
The fact that he's been gone since his first post, and you showed up shortly their after makes me wonder. Not too many 0 post members would come in and argue someone elses fight, especially against mods. Not too many people here have the balls to argue with a mod. I would expect a 14yr old to make up a new name so they could fight 'anonymously' (sorry if that offends the 'real' 3991vhtes)

Its suspicous. Sorry if I offended you, but I couldn't imagine someone taking it personal (unless they were breaking the rules:p).

And just because I haven't POSTED in here doesn't mean I haven't been watching it (since the first post).

Just wanted to point out my suspicions to the mods so they could take 2 minutes and investigate. As I said - I'm causing trouble :(

If you haven't done anything wrong you wouldn't have anything to worry about right? So chill :) have a beer and smoke (unless your 14) and relax

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
PESONALLY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LINKS IN SIGS PER YOUR STATEMENT-I WAS COMMENTING ON IF ONE CAN'T DO IT THEN OTHERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED EITHER!-SECONDLY I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE THINKING IM 3991VHTES! EVERYONE THAT IS AN ADMIN, PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP WITH THESE RETARDS THAT THINK I AM SOMEONE ELSE! NO OFFENSE GIVEN DIRECTLY BUT COME ON WHEN U MADE YOUR FIRST REPLY/POST DID THEY ACCUSE U TO OF BEING SOMEONE ELSE? PROBABLY NOT!

Please don't post in all caps, it does not make your post any more important, legible, or stand out any more than being annoying.

We try to crack down on links and rule violations as much as possible, but most "mods" try to interact with the people around here, instead of browsing "out to get" someone for a rule violation.

Mods are only "privledged" members given the ability to help keep this place clean and under control. There is no pay involved with moderating this forum. If you have a problem with a certain link, simply notify a moderator, supermoderator, or admin and it will be dealt with promptly.

Mediocre is dead on with why you are "suspicious", and I'm sure will be verified to clear things up soon enough.

Mediocre

Cooling Apogee GTX, 2x120mm DD, MCP-1000P Res/Pump, all 3/8" 7x80mm (4x push/pull, 2x exhaust, 1x side)
Case CoolerMaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Just re-read all the posts and....

I can't image My_Name is an adult (who owns 10 servers lol). Sorry if this offends you or start some kinda war, but your POV and arguements are reminicent of a teenager. Just because someone has a rule in their forum paid with their money and worked on with their time doesn't mean they are trying to 'own the internet'...sadly that kinda thinking reminds me of Cho (VT)...booooooo I made myself sad :(

my_name

The fact that he's been gone since his first post, and you showed up shortly their after makes me wonder. Not too many 0 post members would come in and argue someone elses fight, especially against mods. Not too many people here have the balls to argue with a mod. I would expect a 14yr old to make up a new name so they could fight 'anonymously' (sorry if that offends the 'real' 3991vhtes)

Its suspicous. Sorry if I offended you, but I couldn't imagine someone taking it personal (unless they were breaking the rules:p).

And just because I haven't POSTED in here doesn't mean I haven't been watching it (since the first post).

Just wanted to point out my suspicions to the mods so they could take 2 minutes and investigate. As I said - I'm causing trouble :(

If you haven't done anything wrong you wouldn't have anything to worry about right? So chill :) have a beer and smoke (unless your 14) and relax

I don't classify this as a fight. but as I am into fairness and I don't believe that any board should show favortism to any one person whether your a mod or an admin or super mod, I read his post and others that stated something on it, and I decided to post my feelings on the subject. I didn't really argue with any moderator, I actually thanked one and the other we just have different opinions is all. But I really do want the mods or admins to clear me and would appreciate a post here that does clear me. But if that doesn't happen-well so be it. At least I know the truth!

Mediocre

Case CoolerMaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
LOL its like all those bad movies where someone has to be in 2 places at once....

All you need is 3991vhtes to come on this morning at the same time as you LOL...

I appologize, but you HAVE to see how its suspicous...even D44ve @ 2am last night noticed. :)

So when you are vindicated, I'll send you a PM with a big appology cat (stolen from zek :)) and say welcome new member. I hope you contribute as so many of us have.

Best Wishes!

(ps i'm still sad :( goddamn physco VT mutha....)

ex_reven

Calm down everyone.
Everythings been settled.

The only issue here is if my_name has multiple accounts, but thats up to the mods to investigate at their discretion :).

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
I don't classify this as a fight. but as I am into fairness and I don't believe that any board should show favortism to any one person whether your a mod or an admin or super mod, I read his post and others that stated something on it, and I decided to post my feelings on the subject. I didn't really argue with any moderator, I actually thanked one and the other we just have different opinions is all. But I really do want the mods or admins to clear me and would appreciate a post here that does clear me. But if that doesn't happen-well so be it. At least I know the truth!

I will be sure to make sure it does( As soon as I locate a mod with sufficient privvies).

As to favoritism, as I said, if you notice something we've missed, please notify a mod and it will be dealt with.

There is no moderation policy in place to say "if you like them, give them special rights".

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Enough.

As long as links in sigs don't lead me to disturbing places or don't try to swindle/take advantage of me, I'm fine with them.

That's my stand. And I'm the super moderator. Bite me.

PS- "My Name" is a new member, I ran him through the IP checker and he's clean.

my_name

Just re-read all the posts and....

I can't image My_Name is an adult (who owns 10 servers lol). Sorry if this offends you or start some kinda war, but your POV and arguements are reminicent of a teenager. Just because someone has a rule in their forum paid with their money and worked on with their time doesn't mean they are trying to 'own the internet'...sadly that kinda thinking reminds me of Cho (VT)...booooooo I made myself sad :(

Goes to show how much u know! I am far from being a teenager! now since when does a username signify your age? you think because i stated something about being fair makes me a teenager? I really don't give a damn about links in sigs and such all I did was comment and give my opinion and I will admit it got out of hand some and im sorry-but personally you commenting this stuff without no proof is just re fueling the fire-so with that note and all my other notes on this subject-I am done with this subject unless someone else wants to question on who i am!

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Now I'm really confused. lol.

So, links - yay or nay?

my_name

Enough.

As long as links in sigs don't lead me to disturbing places or don't try to swindle/take advantage of me, I'm fine with them.

That's my stand. And I'm the super moderator. Bite me.

sorry about my last post. Thank you for clearing me. I am done now thank you again

zekrahminator

McLovin
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Now I'm really confused. lol.

So, links - yay or nay?

The normal mods say nay, but I said yay, so that means YAY (it's common knowledge among mods that if a super moderator is pulled into an argument, his say is final in that matter, unless an admin wants to get involved)!

Zero Cool

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Manchester BOX, 939 OC @ 2.7
Motherboard DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert - nForce4 SLI
Cooling 3D Galaxy II, Gigabyte CPU idle below 35C
Memory 2x 1GB KINGSTON DDR Dual Channel
Video Card(s) EN7900GTX EXTREME EDITION 2DHT 512MB
Storage Seagate 200GB 7200rpm
Display(s) ASUS MW221 < 22" WideScreen / 1680x1050
Case Sunbeam Samurai Gaming Case, Half broken by mum
Audio Device(s) Intergrated within the Mother Board 7.1 surround sound
Power Supply Chieftec 500W MODEL: CFT-5000-A12S
Software Windows Vista Ultimate
this guy never answers to replies to him 'owning 10 servers'...

...hmmmm

Mediocre

Case CoolerMaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
... TPU does not own the intenet or all the forum boards and all the BS that is associated with forums. So by not allowing these links to other boards is saying we own the internet and all forum boards a like....

^^:laugh: ^^ C'mon buddy you gotta see my point A LITTLE... MOST small buisness owners I know could formulate a better arguement. :roll:

The only reason I posted (again) = rebuttle

I get annoyed when people continue to debate (and raise decent points - which deserver counter points) and then try to END the discussion with 'im done with this'. I REALLY enjoy a good DEBATE no matter what its about (I even like READING a good debate...I'm a bit of a nerd :)). I'm guessing your frustrated, my appologies.

I guess I should stop associating AGE with MATURITY (and debate skillz for that matter:laugh:) first low blow of the 'debate'

I'm done :nutkick:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Public warning for my-name and Mediocre: keep this fight up and I'm booking you a visit at the TPU ban hotel, if you get my drift.

my_name

^^:laugh: ^^ C'mon buddy you gotta see my point A LITTLE... MOST small buisness owners I know could formulate a better arguement. :roll:

The only reason I posted (again) = rebuttle

I get annoyed when people continue to debate (and raise decent points - which deserver counter points) and then try to END the discussion with 'im done with this'. I REALLY enjoy a good DEBATE no matter what its about (I even like READING a good debate...I'm a bit of a nerd :)). I'm guessing your frustrated, my appologies.

I guess I should stop associating AGE with MATURITY (and debate skillz for that matter:laugh:) first low blow of the 'debate'

I'm done :nutkick:

Well as I said-no more on this subject-maybe I didn't approach this all in a mature fashion-but it come across differently-I should of waited till I had more sleep then things might have been put differently-I am in the US and in the Eastern time zone and it was early in the am when i posted. But no big deal a super mod has cleared me so I will close on that-I am just commenting back on what you said. And I was more angered at people thinking i was someone else, sounds like I entered at the wrong time is all.

my_name

this guy never answers to replies to him 'owning 10 servers'...

...hmmmm

I never seen any post questioning the owning of 10 servers, so why should I reply to that. But for your info and evrybody elses-It doesn't matter what people own and they don't have to prove that to you or anyone!

Mediocre

Case CoolerMaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
It's all good.... I found one. Wish it ended with 'I'm sorry I didn't believe you'

Seriously though, my apologies and best wishes. Look forward to your contributions to the community...Post you system :)

my_name

It's all good.... I found one. Wish it ended with 'I'm sorry I didn't believe you'

Seriously though, my apologies and best wishes. Look forward to your contributions to the community...Post you system :)

Good card-its all good and thanks for the apology.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

now you see that could be true or untrue i have dozens of ways for you to not see my IP im sure he does as well all you have to do is type "proxy" into google and there you go its an entire lists of ways to bypass your IPchecker not to mention all you have to do is walk to McD and you get free WiFi laptop+pub WiFi=NEW IP

just pointing this out and honestly my_name you sound like a teen in most of your posts, but thats my opinion and you cant do squat about that.

since this is such a very serious and saddening thread (members of TPU fighting each GASP) i give you

he is watching you two so BEHAVE

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I'm confused now too Zek. If your move 3991vhtes link in his sig, why not all advertising links? I think picking and choosing really IS unfair. Either it's all or nothing. So either let 3991vhtes have his link back or remove all advertisements for other forums and products. Oh and it's my fault for starting this little battle by confusing the hell out of everyone including myself. I think I need an infraction or a stern warning from someone for making up rules.

I apologize to everyone I misinformed. I don't know if it makes a difference or not......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.