1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Linksys Router is messing up...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Casheti, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey there people. I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless Cable Router, and it keeps resetting itself so I can be in the middle of a download and my internet just goes. Can somebody recommend what's wrong? And also, I did try and update the firmware but it didn't work, the bar got to about 80% and then went back to 0% again. If I can't fix it I'll just buy another router. Cheers, Cash.

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    In my experience, if a router starts screwing about it means it's broken. If you can't update the firmware the only thing I can recommend is a hard reset, which is normally done by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds or more.

If you need a new router then I would recommend Belkin - I'm using a Belkin ADSL2+ Wireless router and an 11g (mosts companies call it 54g, although 11g is more correct because the full name is 802.11g) and that has quite high transfer rates. The connection has been fine for over 2 weeks, and the wireless never drops. I haven't known my wireless to fail once in about 8 months.

3. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Say I wanted the Linksys WRT54GXv2. Where could I buy one? Can't seem to find it anywhere, and it's been recommended to me by some network people...and it has just what a I want. Linksys quality, and it has a range booster!! Wewt!