1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

load needed dll's for kernel??????

Discussion in 'General Software' started by acousticlemur, Mar 31, 2007.

1. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    :banghead: hey, i am working on a computer for my girlfriends aunt/uncle. after it post's i get an error saying "load needed dll's for kernel" contact system admin blah blah blah. they said that they updated AOL software prior to it happening, they use dial up. nothing works as far as safe mode or any of the other F8 options. so getting into any kind of GUI is not happening. i took the drive out and scaned for viruses and found nothing. they use the computer for thier buisness so a reformat is not an option right now. any ideads on how to recover from it? and or what may have caused the error? thanks :rockout:

2. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    does anybody have any ideas? or has anybody seen this error? it is a new one for me! :D

3. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about now? i dont want to upset any mods by reposting over and over but i am hoping that now that there are more people online that maybe someone will have an idea! :D

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    do a rebuuild but save everything they have on a disk ...then delete aol looks like a curupption are they tech literate?...they may have got tired of the update(dial up slow) and cancelled it in the middle of a core file copy that will f@#%$ things up.

5. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, take the hdd out and put it in another computer. copy all the data they need and reinstall.

6. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Use the windows CD to boot the recovery console and copy the requested DLLs from the CD to the appropriate folder?

7. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    it wont tell me what dll's are needed, only says load needed dlls for kernel. and i have been looking for the files they need to keep, and cant find them :D they use quicken for thier buisness and i cant find thier files anywhere, so i am going to keep looking, then i think i am gonna do a reinstall over the current copy to try to find files that way, then back up and format and reinstall again. if anyone has any other ideas please let me know, i wont be doing anything with it for a day or so. thanks!!!!!!! :D