1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitec Out With New External DVD Writer

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 13, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Japan-based Logitec (not to be confused with the more popular peripheral company with a similar name), is out with yet another compact external DVD writer. The LDR-PME8U2L is a little over a slim DVD writer enclosed in a fancy casing that comes in complete back or topped with red. It measures 136.5 x 143 x 19.2 mm, and weighs in at around 300 g.

The drive offers write speeds of 8X for DVD±R and 6X for DVD±RW, and 5X for DVD-RAM. It writes and rewrites CDs at 24X. It uses the USB 2.0 interface. ArcSoft's TotalMedia Backup & Record comes bundled. The LDR-PME8U2L drive is backed by a one-year company warranty and is priced at US $92.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine
  2. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    *Fixed.
    Looks very sleek and compact. It doesn't take up that much space compared to the other external drives.
  3. Meecrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    kinda spendy if you ask me...sure its small but I still wouldnt spend that kinda cheese on it....
  4. my_name_is_earl

my_name_is_earl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Price is kinda steep. If only it's a Blue Ray player then yes it would be nice.