1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Delivers Mechanical Keyboard Gamers Deserve

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If they performed just average it would have been ok too, no need for them to be top on quality based on price/perf. Also, if you can live with different key feeling on a keyboard then the Corsair K series offers almost unbeatable price/perf.

Over this side of the pond Logitech offers decent discounts (30%+), you just need to be patient and look hard enough.

2. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I'd say its a nice looking keyboard, other than the orange around the macro keys. I like the small enter key, can't stand the big one. It's not necessarily te big key that I don't like but that some other keys are shortened and/or moved to accommodate it.

eidairaman1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. semantics

semantics

Thanks Received:
    lol enhanced wasd yup because we all know in games where you largely hold down buttons that's there mechanical keyboards shine... Frankly i never cared for gaming mechanical keyboards if you want to type yeah you have me sold but outside of that eh just seems like alot of money, my 20 30 dollar keyboard has lasted me 8+ years now, the secret to longevity is to not jizz all over your own keyboard and then down that with food and soda

^
    he is right about this, i got my G9 mouse and my G35 headset all for around 20-30% off at the time, even though i had to RMA my G35 headset but logitech's support was nice enough about the known defect and even paid for shipping just took 3 weeks to get it back...

also this is missing an LCD gamers deserve the LCD for their viop programs and fps counters.

4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Brown switches are better for gaming.

5. Svarog

Svarog

Thanks Received:
    If only it had a second row of G-Keys like the G19 :(

It's what keeping me from buying this for now.

6. 1d10t

1d10t

Thanks Received:
    I'm a Logitech fan,glad they finally making mech keyboard.Now bring me wireless version of this to replace my current K800 :D

7. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the hell do you use the keys for? i've got macro keys nad never found a use for them

9. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
    If there's a Logitech rep out there looking through this thread, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the G13 to use mech switches. I use the Illuminated kb for typing, G13 for gaming. PLEASE. I'd pay double what the G13 costs now to have one!

10. Bitgod

Thanks Received:
    THIS! C'mon Logi, make a G19 with browns and I'll be your best friend. I was hoping that's what was coming when Amazon was selling G19's for $105 a few days ago. Don't think they'd have done it for a mechanical, no-LCD kb.

11. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    White LED backlit, yay!!! SP version please.

I'm getting a Nostromo so I can finally say goodbye to my good old semi-mechanical BTC Blaze 8110-M (12 years and still going strong).

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is probably their test keyboard to see if mechanical is popular. if it is, i imagine we'll see models with the LCD's soon enough.