1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech G19 + Gigabyte X58A-UD5 =boot loop?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bpgt64, Aug 19, 2010.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    As per the title, I can't control bios with my G19. Infact when it's plugged in via USB, the computer won't boot past the Bios Flash screen, AT all. However when I plug a normal PS/2 based keyboard in, no problems...what so ever. Thinking of trying a USB to PS/2 converter.

It should also be noted that when the keyboard is unplugged, and the computer allowed to boot. I can plug it in and it will work once it gets to the window's screen. Just a big wrench in trying to overclock, and having to shift cabling. Also, I have to ninja my Wife's keyboard to overclock.

I am using bios revision F5, and it looks as though the Beta bios has "Enhanced USB Keyboard Compatability"...me thinks we have found the issue.

2. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    have you checked for motherboard BIOS updates - i know the asus p6t series had some issues booting with high-power keyboards such as the g15 and g19 and some bioses fixed the issue (it tended to re-appear in some bios updates but usually was fixed after in a new bios).

**edit**

just noticed you've seen a new bios which looks to fix the problem - ninja-edited in? :p

bpgt64 says thanks.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    oh, THAT bug.

my housemate has that issue as well.

last i checked there is a BETA bios that fixes it, but at the same time breaks various other things, such as S3 sleep mode, and causes problems shutting down the PC.

bpgt64 says thanks.
  4. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Yea, tried to sneak it in...Really happy with the UD5 so far though, getting great overclocking temps so far.

5. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Bios update when I get off work...