1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech z5500

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by techguy31, Jun 10, 2010.

1. techguy31

Thanks Received:
    Alright so I just set up my z5500 to my rig using the 3 3.5mm plugs. I am using onboard soundcard right now but will later purchase a ht claro plus. So I just want to know how to configure the settings in the realtek manager so that everytime I open itunes, media player, etc... I don't have to adgust the manager to have music coming out. I fiddled with the manager and found out that when I eneabled something I was able to play the music. Can someone just give me some advice on how to setup the speakers when I am watching movies or music. Does the audio or movie have to have dts or dolby digital in order to have sound outputting from the speakers?
    Thx...

2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    You mean to upmix to all channels? Try start - control panel - sound - default playback device (this should be set to the z5500) - properties - enhancements - speaker fill

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Dent1

Thanks Received:

Connect your Z-5500 using a Digital Coaxial or Fibre Optical cable connected to your Z-5500 in order and then enable Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect within the HT Claro's configuration panel. On Realtek onboard soundcards or how end soundcards you'll only get 2 channel stereo, unless you upmix it on your Z-5500s POD or in Realtek's Configuration panel like Hat said to recieve a fake 5.1 surround. The only exception with onboard is in DVD movies and BluRay movies where the material is already pre-encoded into DD or DTS 5.1

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. techguy31

Thanks Received:
    Which produces the best sound? Optical or digital? Should I upgrade the wires that logitech gave me or does it only depend on the optical and digital connections?

5. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    Optical is digital. Just a different method af transporting the 1's and 0's.

Wanna cause a ruckus? Go to a high end audio forum and ask which is better TOSlink or Coaxial. :laugh:

As for cable quality, digital either works or it doesn't. You don't need $100 cables, but I recommend avoiding the $3.99 brands. I had a couple and the connectors were really cheap, they'd wiggle out of the slots. Spend a couple extra bucks and get a bit better quality cable with better connectors and soldering.

techguy31 says thanks.
  6. techguy31

Thanks Received:
    thx...