1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Z906 and SPDIF optical

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by xartemporas, Mar 2, 2013.

1. xartemporas

xartemporas

Thanks Received:
    Hello! I just Ordered Z906 speakers today.

I am willing to use optical connection, with spdif , from my on board sound chip.
    My mobo is ASUS P7P55D. On Board Sound Chip is VIA vt1828s 8-channel hd audio. As i looked in specs, it has Dolby Digital Live and DTS connect.. [link is here: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/codecs/vt1828s/

After a lot of searching today, i realised that if i want to play games through spdif with true 5.1 sound, and not through z906' 3D, i need this dolby digital live or dts connect decoding..
    As for movies, i think that i must choose spdif out from my player just to have true 5.1.

at soundacrd's control panel , in spdif settings, it has a button "dts interactive" which can pushed on or off.. Will it work that way? I hope so..
    i'd prefer not to spend more money for an extra sound card if i can do my job with this.

And i want to ask if finally, it is worth it to connect it with spdif? Will i have better sound quality? Or just connect it through analog cables.
    With Analog i take 5.1 sounds normally?
    How many hours do i have to play the z906 in low volume at first days?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Yes will work as you've described!
    xartemporas says thanks.
  3. xartemporas

xartemporas

Thanks Received:
    Thanx! I hope so, so that i can use optical connection! :)

Sorry to repeat myself but because i am new in 5.1 home theater systems, Is It better in anything with optical cable rather than analog?

With analog, can i receive true 5.1 sound from games e.g ?(if they have 5.1 sound of course)

Thank u ;)
  4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Personally i use Analogue due to the flexibility, but no Digital is the best, maybe HDMI is 1up but i doubt you'd notice the difference!