1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Look what i Found:Avivo Xcode back for HD4800 series

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by wolf2009, Jun 26, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

Although its the same avivo introduced in the x1000 series , which encodes videos on gpu(so it says, didn't do it in my testing) , wasn't updated after that, but has made a comeback with HD4800 series . Hopefully finally this software whill reach where it was supposed to be.

Download from here

In my testing, it used my quad core cpu 60% and with gpu-z showed gpu-load 0% , but the transcoding was fast. Will have to test . Anyways enjoy .

It was used by driverheaven's in their review here
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  2. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. wolf2009 Guest

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I tried to convert some videos for my G/F's Zune 30GB using the Avivo software with my G/F's x1950xtx, it converted fast, but all it would give was sound, no image was ever produced...I tried many times, followed instructions specifically for Zune compatability..I was very dissapointed, I'm sure a day will come when I get another ATI card, when I decide to upgrade it comes down to best bang for my budget, whoever wins makes my wallet lighter, I just hope when the day comes for another ATI, AVIVO either works or is no longer an advertised feature. I know it works for others, but as-far-as what I wanted to use it for, and finding on AMD's website instructions I followed to a T, I was just very dissapointed at the results.
  5. ghost101

ghost101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive installed it, but where is the software? I cant see it anywhere in CCC.

edit: nvm you have to go to basic view

edit2: doesnt work for me, just crashes. It could be that this and the hotfix drivers dont work together.

edit3: Got it to work but doesnt use gpu at all. Purely using the cpu. The other problem is that you have to use their presets.

example clip ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/spezial/shuttle.mpg
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008