1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a Blu-Ray player Program

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jonathan1107, Aug 12, 2012.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I'm looking for a good Blu-Ray software to play my Blu ray movies.

I've used cyberlink power dvd in the past (the limited version that comes with the blu ray player I bought) and half the time I cannot play the Blu-Rays... no matter what I try it starts reading, tells me the program needs to "update" in order to play the flippin blu-ray, I do so, and then it asks for the same again, like I never updated anything, and the cycle repeats....

Does anyone know of a REALLY good software to play Blu-Rays... ???

2. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater 5, for DVD & Blu-ray's it's so much better and just plays.

u don't even need to have compatible hardware like u need for as for powerdvd.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I use the actual PowerDVD 12 program, it has never let me down yet. The limitted programs they ship with drives are always crap.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    That's because older versions of PowerDVD don't support BD+ (which all the current discs use) and the only way to "update" is to buy a newer version. Personally, I use AnyDVD HD (strips the bluray encription in realtime) and PowerDVD 8 that came with my blu-ray drive. You can even use VLC.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU