1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a Decent Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Gzero, May 29, 2009.

1. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've read through the previous thread, but I'm not interested in keyboards that lack a 'proper' enter key (why do I see some pics with and without full size key anyway?).

I was interested in: http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=49717

It would be nice not essential for usb ports. Illumination that is adjustable is preferable. I also have my eye on the Saitek Eclipse 3, but obviously it seems that the enter key is half size.

Any ideas or am I completely wrong about the Enter key size issue?

2. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
  3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    you mean the L Shaped Enter Key? I don't think the Enter or Backspace key is a big issue for gaming I do kinda miss it on my old Microsoft Split. the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard supposably has a sharper and brighter LED than the Saitek it's also flat and probably uses rubber domes like the Logitech DiNovo or Razer Lycosa so it will have a shorter response time and be quieter.

4. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I prefer the old upside down L. My mate had a G15, it only made him moan more often.
    I also should mention that I have a limited budget < £40. It's a shame my Dell is on it's knees: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Black-US...Palm-Rest_W0QQitemZ120424308811QQcmdZViewItem
    My one has the upside down L shape Enter Key, and has worked well for a few good years, my second one still works perfectly, but I dropped my first a few times too many and now some of the keys loose function or are dead unless pressed in combo.

5. jamesrt2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    saitek eclipse 2 or steel series keyboard 7g (y)

6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    lol SteelSeries 7G is way out of his price range. I would try eBay I don't think your going to find a L shaped enter key on a keyboard now in days. Keytronic Illumination? I don't know what else to recommend.

7. _33

_33 New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    I find it really important now: \ should be on my left, and a double row Enter key. I'm too old to learn new tricks :p.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Also I'd rather stick to something that is full size and hasn't got any of the keys shifted, I might just buy another Dell since for typing, gaming, and multimedia it has done pretty well. Just a shame I dropped it whilst trying to balance it on the edges of my pull out keyboard desk and my course work/notes.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  9. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Saitek Eclipse? they should be about £25-30.

Also, the smaller Enter key is the US keyboard layout, unfortunately it's becoming a standard on gaming keyboards :(

10. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    So the half size enter key and \ slash key above is a US layout standard?
    Ah so 'some' of the pics will be misleading especially if sourced from US sites?

11. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    :confused:

My g15 is the most solid keyboard I've ever used. I cant even FIND something to complain about it for.

12. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    ugh G15 thats the last thing I want to talk about :shadedshu and it's out of his price range anyways. I found the iOne Scorpius M10 on eBay they also have a old Nan Tan with a L Shaped Enter Key.

13. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    That's what my friend in the US said. I asked him about it and he said that's what all his keyboards had been like.

14. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    @Bumblebee, my dad had one of those Nan tan like keyboards over ten years ago, I think it had vixen on it and looked like it had been pee'd on. Was great for typing, nice snap click sound to it.

15. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I havent ever seen a more up to date keyboard with a large L enter button.

16. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    grab a can of spray paint? lol well the mechanical keyboard choices in the UK suck iOne Scorpius M10 or SteelSeres 7g :(

17. Gzero New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure what happened to it, think it got sold off with the 486, or ended up with a relative.

18. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Well my Eclipse III does, but I've seen pics of the US version with the smaller button.