1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a good flight simulator

Discussion in 'Games' started by SaiZo, Sep 16, 2011.

1. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    I own HAWX, but it get's boring.
    Is there any other good flight sims out there, do not need to be combat or similar. Would be cool if I could pilot a helicopter aswell.
  2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    MS Flight Sim?
    SaiZo says thanks.
  3. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    HAWX 2 :cool:
    SaiZo says thanks.
  4. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    HAWX is better than HAWX 2 IMO. So I wouldn't go down that road.

Wings of Prey?
    SaiZo says thanks.
  5. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Bohemia Interactive is launching a Helo Sim these days!!!!
    SaiZo says thanks.
  6. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Maybe. Found something called "FlightGear", and it's free. I am going to try this one out first. Have to download a lot of files first (maps or something).
  7. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    +1 for saying HAWX >>>> HAWX 2.

MS Flight Sim X gold edition will let you fly just about anything you want. It's got some pretty cool missions in it too like taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier. Red Bull stunt competitions and it's got some dolphin helicopters available to take for a spin too.

edit: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ buy something from them if you want something beyond realistic. You have to buy a 200+ page manual along with the game to understand it lol.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    SaiZo says thanks.
  8. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    Give this a shot if you want a true simulator. DCS: A-10C Warthog. It's pretty damn complicated though, just like the real thing. It's available on STEAM.

EDIT: Just noticed Jasper posted the same thing. LOL.
    SaiZo says thanks.
  9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    For Helos Apache Air Assault is not bad. Its not full on sim but has enough sim elements to be enjoyable yet challenging.
    I of course back up everyone on HAWX 2 it is pretty terrible compared to the first one. They NEVER fixed the horrible input delay and never will which was my beef.(Pretty much had to move your joystick to full deflection just to get a response)So there was absolutely no fine control over your AC. The funny thing is they fixed it in HAWX but then released HAWX2 with the same issue...but then just left it like that...

I of course would throw IL-2 Cliffs of Dover in the mix for a full on Sim. It has had some teething problems but the Devs are all over it and the latest Beta patch for it has been a huge improvement.
    SaiZo says thanks.
  10. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Isn't there a 'game' mode that makes it a lot simpler?
    SaiZo says thanks.
  11. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    Yes, there is. It is simpler than the full blown sim mode, but it is definitely not arcade style, LOL.
    SaiZo says thanks.
  12. SaiZo

SaiZo

Thanks Received:
    Well, HAWX in all it's glory.. I just want to fly. Not shoot.
    Since the MS Flightsim era is more or less over, I'll give this "FlightGear" a try.
    I was thinking of getting the FCS: A-10 Warthog. I think they even had a bundle if you bought the new Thrustmaster stick, that is based on the controls from the A-10. However.. I do not want it either..
  13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    IL-2 and DCS's KA-50
  14. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    BF3!!! when it comes out.
  15. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Actually MS is in the works of a game simply called MS Flight http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Not much is known about it, but it looks like it has potential to be a good flight game again.
  16. Richieb0y

Richieb0y New Member

Thanks Received:
    DCS A-10 i just bought it whit 33- off the price
  17. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Old, but great. Falcon 4.0
  18. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft Flight Sim X

If you don't want to shoot and just fly around. (which is boring IMO) but Flight Sim X does it damn well.
  19. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its sad to say but by far the best PC flight gaming experience is in either the jets or the attack choppers in BF2.

Not wholly realistic but an absolutely thrilling arcade experience, but one with a very steep and long learning curve which actually requires a great deal of skill and knowledge of the game in order to do well.

In short, any n00b who jumps on a bf2 servers and gets into the Jets/helis will be pwned by the seasoned vets, some literally with 1000+ hours BF2 flight experience.

I noticed that someone in here shouted BF3, but I suspect DICE will stick with the crappy BFBC2 model for the flight aspect of BF3.
  20. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Flight Sim X.

One reason why: A guy calls in with a bug report, and he's an airline pilot and spends all his free time playing this game (of course). Appareantly the game crashed to desktop when you did a real time flight from Paris to Chicago (or something like that, it was an +8 hour flight anyway which you HAD to do realtime) in a certain aircraft, so he wanted a bug fix. So that's not a problem anymore.
  21. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Aces High II keeps me happy..... It is a WWII and a WWI combat flight sim. Easy enough to learn and also fun as hell to play. You will need skill to become good.... as there are loads of people who play it and it relies on real flight combat maneuvers. But if you get good you will be ranked as one of the best.
    The graphics are not that demanding.... but you don't play for the graphics you play for the games play. It includes Bombers, Fighters, Ships, Tanks, War vehicles, Dive bombers, By-planes, and more.
    The subscription is 15.00$ a month and here is the website....http://www.hitechcreations.com/ It also includes a two week trial membership with no credit card info needed. Just a email address and download of the game. They say two weeks but every time I rejoin it's more like 3 weeks.

Well there is my suggestion.