1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a good WIN 7 BACKUP program

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jonathan1107, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I'd like to know what would be the best software to use to backup my Windows 7 64 bit (home premium) installation along with everything that's on the C drive...

Do these backup programs also restore the registry when you use the backup you've made?

I'd like someone to give me some links to good "back up" programs pls. I'd really appreciate it, I'm a complete noob in this field, never have done a single backup in my life...

2. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    You can make a "snapshot" of your system. Good programs are Norton Ghost (I use only this). Acronis True Image is another option.

jonathan1107 says thanks.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Acronis True Image is what I use at home and at work, I love it! You can also mount your backups so if you need to extract just one file from it you have the option.

jonathan1107 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    thanks guys, really appreciate it

5. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Image for windows. That is all.

It's got an excellent compression technique, fast, built in shadow copy software, and an awesome "bare metal" recovery, using either a DOS or Linux boot procedure, with directions for creating a WinPE boot disc as well. Used it on Win Vista, XP, 7, Server 2003, and 2008.

6. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
  7. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Just use the one that come with windows 7 . I just did a complete back up of my system and it even makes a system recovery disk at the end. It is free it is integrated and part of windows 7. And very easy to use. Though it took 17 DVD disks to do it I am happy that now I have a complete back up of my system so I can just pop in the disks if any thing happens!
    And I am up and running with my system completely restored to the state I saved it in.