1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Looking For a Laptop

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by Fizban, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Fizban

Thanks Received:
    Have a laptop at the moment that is decent, but doesn't play modern games, looking to replace it with something with a better graphics card. Not necessarily looking for anything high-end, but at least able to play modern games fluently on low settings.

Hoping to spend ~$500 price range. Been looking on ebay, and can get laptops with i3 or i5 in that price range, but generally only with integrated video cards which I can't imagine are going to suit my needs.

Current laptop only has a NVIDIA 9200M GS, but have managed to overclock it well enough to play Dragon Age II on it with no stuttering of any sort. What it cannot play though that I'd love to be able to play is The Witcher 2.

Am primarily looking to pay cash (paypal), but also willing to trade someone current laptop in addition to cash. (Current laptop is P8400 2.26 GHz C2D Penryn, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB @ 5400 RPM, 9200M GS)

2. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    ygpm

3. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Look for an AMD Llano laptop, they're bound to perform alot better than your current one when it comes to gaming.

Ordered one(HP DV6-6105SD) myself for the GF last week, coz her old one broke down. The gaming performance is awesome for the price.

4. Fizban

Thanks Received:
    Processor's not really the issue, graphics card is. That HP seems odd in that it comes with a 6755g2 setup (crossfire between a 6750 and a integrated chip, but according to most benchmarks it games best when you simply disable the integrated chip in lieu of the 6750. 6750 though is indeed a decent card though.

5. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    Yes it does have an external integrated graphics card, but the graphics integrated on the Llano chip alone are still alot better than anything a Geforce 9200GS can give you

6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received: