1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a liquid cooler for cpu.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by yuri221, Apr 30, 2012.

1. yuri221 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...so that^
    Any recommandations? And if you could please link me to a review or something like that I kinda wanna know everything about a product before i buy one.

2. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    don't know what CPU your planning on using, but this is what my Corsair H60 with a second fan for push/pull does for my 2600k OC'ed to 4.5ghz after almost 4 days at full load.

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    1) We don't know where you are, so it's hard to recommend something. I say this because different geographic locations have very different access to parts. You'll probably be best to check out Newegg or Amazon for reviews.

2) What do you really want? Liquid cooling is nice, but do you want the labor of a custom loop, or the degraded performance of an off the shelf kit?
    3) What socket/CPU? There are some liquid coolers out there that aren't 100% compatible with every socket. They might be few in number, but getting one that won't work always angers me...

All of this said, I can say that the Corsair H series is pretty nice. I've got a fondness for the H80 and H100, depending upon case room. My only problem with them is that the molex power connectors are of generally very low quality, and you need a $100 controller to have software control of the fans and pump. If you can set them and forget them, then they are an excellent off the shelf solution (very little maintenance, and slightly better than high end air performance).

If you want amazing performance then the only option is a custom water loop. Best of luck there, I don't have the expertise to offer help there.

4. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    ^This.

Have to say though that building a loop is pretty straight forward and very, very rewarding. A lot of time though a good loop will also require either a good case or a modded case.

My first loop was watertight, no hassle and sold on (survived transit). I'm on my second loop now (well, altered to put a gpu in it) and it's a charm.

Loop will give you a lot of quiet gaming. Playing BF3 @ 2560x1440 with all ultra (minus shadows and HBAO off - better for MP) my gpu gets to a 'whopping' 56 degrees and it's overclocked to 1.225GHz and my cpu at 4.2GHz gets to about 60 ish max (hottest core).

Fans trundle round at about 700-900rpm.

Go loopy!

And on topic, the XSPC Raystorm is a great cpu cooler at a decent price (but needs a loop).
    http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=1392&page=6

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  7. yuri221 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh crap yeah I forgot to specify ....I use the i7 920 processor and I live in Israel for the guy that asked thank you guys I'll review the comments a bit later I'm in class and Internet connection here is utter shit, thanks again!

8. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    What? I'm emailed a offer of $125 for that 860 last night. If the offer is accepted, TPU has another cruncher build being started. :toast:

BTW, CL is where I got my Q9650 I used for 3 years. Never had a problem with that CPU. DeDasDude is currently running a GTS450 with no issues I got from CL for $20.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I just recognized the hippy peace sign they use for a logo in my browser! There are TON's of deals on CL!! AHHAHAHAHA

Crunching for Team TPU