1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for an app 2 monitor FPS and GPU usage

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jonathan1107, Aug 6, 2011.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, can someone point me towards an app that could monitor my FPS and GPU usage and other useful info and display it "IN-GAME" ???
  2. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    MSI afterburner is probabily the best thing. you can add GPU temps and fan speed too if you need it
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    make sure to go in the options and enable the on screen display. it doesn't do it out of the box. I think you may have to set a hot key to activate/deactivate it as well, been a while since I used it.
  4. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Other quick question: What makes the GPU usage go up or down?

I'm playing Crysis 2 right now with dx11 with maxed settings... Got 2x 69502gb in CFX and I noticed using MSI AB that the GPU usage hovers around 70% except when I'm looking straight @ a wall, it'll go to 90~% GPU usage ...

I'm trying to find a way to improve the FPS in Crysis 2 using CFX... hoping for a new CAP release to come out and fix it for me... Meanwhile, I'm trying to find what tweaks I could try to improve GPU usage and FPS...
  5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I would guess its proximity of what is being looked at, and the amount of textures used to produce the image. Meaning far off is easier to produce than a wall with finite details that are essentially in your face.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011