1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for good but inexpensive cpu WC

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Paulieg, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm hitting a wall with my OC. I'm currently at 2.65, and know the cpu is begging to go higher. Actually, I'm just getting paranoid of raising voltages anymore, as I'm going over 50c when I raise the voltages past 1.4 on my Opteron 165. I'm looking at getting a water cooler for the cpu. Can anyone offer a good newbie WC for me. I'm looking at spending about $100 or so, so I know I'm limited in choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you're just looking for something cheap and simple, a few sites have given good reviews to the XSPC X20 kit - not sure how easy it is to find in the US, quite a few online retailers here in the UK.

Keep in mind that a kit like that won't leave much headroom for expansion, so you probably won't be able to cool your graphics using the same kit. It won't give you the best performance out there, but it's quite cheap and a good place to start IMO, because you won't have to worry about mixing and matching components. Not sure how much it will cost in $US, but it's cheaper than most.