1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for help W/ CPU coolant & lighting please.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by jboydgolfer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Where is the Best/cheapest place to order Liquid coolant, and UV lighting For My PC??

I'm looking for RED UV,,I use koolance currently, and Would like a white , or wblue UV light as well.

I've looked @ newegg, and they Don't carry any coolant, and I've looked @ koolance, but the Shipping Cost was VERY close to the Bill total, which is Rediculous for 1 Lb of product.

This is the Motherboard for reference.
    [​IMG]

Any , and All HELP would be appreciated.
    Thank You for Your time.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best is glycol and distilled water mixture, you could try a die to make your color. ALso E bay for the lights.

PS the green antifreeze works great and glows under UV lights.
  3. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Distilled water, PT Nuke and silvercoil is all you need. Pre made liquid coolant is a waste of $ and dyed coolant will gunk the block. I have been running Distilled water and PT nuke only for years with no problems.
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  5. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont need to treat anti freeze and distilled water, people been running it for eva........

@ OP use colored tubing if need be.
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  6. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks To ALL.,,,That should Do.
  7. n0tiert

n0tiert

Thanks Received:
    i had good experience with Primochill Dye Bombs Syringes 3-4 in a loop give me bloody red color last loong too, the pre colored PC ICE from Primochill lost it color way to fast

in both cases the tubing got colored by the liquid (needs to be replaced on other color)

else i used Distilled water, Glysantin® G40® and some anti alga liquid
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  8. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good point.

Never tried anti-freeze (although I have no doubt it works if mixed properly). I do use Koolance liquid coolant:
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...Clear_-_700cc_LIQ-702CL-B.html?tl=g30c337s890
    And red colored tubing (Tygon) for my current set-up.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you plan that your red is gonna look really like pink when going UV, i'll go with Mayhem or EK Red Blood UV ... said that, if you have non-restricting blocks, the Mayhem Aurora Tharsis in red it's a really nice effect, i had it for some time till i lost it, the flow needs not to be restricted in order to maintain it ... and my apogee xt rev2 was not compatible, i didn't read it at the time :banghead: ... anyway ... the first week it was really nice, it's not UV reactive but with a white led strip looked really cool.

Though that, as @drdeathx says, if you're applying some kind of colouring to the liquid (by yourself or already mixed) you'll have to clean the inner of your blocks as soon as you swap color or after a year running the loop. For me it's not a problem cause i like to flush the circuit every year/year and a half, but if you want to run it for years with no problems, take the man's advice.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  10. bmaverick

bmaverick

Thanks Received:
    just be very careful with Mayhem's Aurora dye types. He even states that those dyes are only to be used for show and not long term daily WCing needs. The Aurora dyes will gunk up the loop really bad and even change color over time.

The keep your WCing cooling loop risk free, indeed use color tubing.
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  11. SirKeldon

SirKeldon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup, for the Tharsis specially, i removed a lot of "white pearl" off (the chemical used to produce the twist effect, dunno what it is) the Apogee XT rev 2, got some big deposits of that thing in the sides and possibly if i let it there for more weeks, the block behaviour will not be the same.

And the advice you gave it's completely true, and they say the same in their website, but in the same info they tell you as well that there are some components mostly to be compatible in a long term with the "fluid effect": http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com/

Sadly, my apogee was incompatible, a shame i didn't read it first.

:toast:
  12. anonymous6366

anonymous6366

Thanks Received: