1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking to eye candy my case

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by exow2, Apr 26, 2010.

1. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I'm getting tired of looking at the same computer case everyday, so I want to spice it up a bit :rockout:. My current case is the NZXT nemesis similar to this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...030&cm_re=nemesis_case-_-11-146-030-_-Product

The only difference between that case and mine is that mine is an older model and does not have the LCD moniter on the top. So guys? What should I do..get some LED lights..extra fans with nice lights? Also I don't actually have much knowledge on what is actually out there for me to put on my pc :banghead: haha. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance guys :).
  2. afw

afw New Member

Thanks Received:
    Choose a color scheme ... buy C-Cathodes / LED fans and hide all wires or sleeve em ... and most important - don't over do it ... good luck :toast:
  3. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, sorry but just wondering what kind of adapters would I need for power, and how much psu does a fan usually take? Because I'm pushing my 400w already:(
  4. sandiegoborn32

sandiegoborn32 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That case looks like it has enough eye candy in my opinion...
  5. arnoo1

Thanks Received:
    you should go for the nzxt khaos its pretty expensive but damn nice , you should go to youtube en look for an review and you will fall in love
  6. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I sent you a picture of my actual case, I don't think you would think so :p. The newegg picture is exaggerated if the entire case is supposed to glow blue, or maybe some of the lights are burnt out. I only have 1 fan that glows blue in my entire case, and the rest is just regular steel. I guess I shouldn't have said my case was identical to the one in the picture.
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
  8. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    LOL...I don't think he is looking for a new case, he just wants to mod his case. If you are worried about fans/lights power requirements, I wouldn't worry. Unless you go crazy with tons of fans, most fans/lights require very little amps to run.

I would recommend this site to get an idea of what is available. http://www.frozencpu.com/ They have TONS of modding equipment.
  9. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats a hot looking case. :D
  10. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks :p couldn't of said it better, as for that site I was just looking to buy 2 LED 120mm fans I think. As of right now I just have 1 stock fan inside without any LED's whatsoever. Also, to me it looks like the fan on the clear panel side of my case (hopefully you looked at the link I provided) has some burnt out LED's since the blue light is oddly distributed around the fan and it doesn't glow very nicely. Are the fans on the side of the case replacable, because if so i'd love to buy a new one to fit there. Also any extensions that you know of adapters I might need to buy for the fans?
  11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your case look quite good, but I am more concerned about your PSU, is it the one supplied with the case? If answer=yes, then switch it to a reputable brand fast (Corsair, Thermaltake, Seasonic, Antec etc). 450w or about there should be good. If answer=no, who recommended you that PSU?
  12. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    Yes. For the most part any fan can be replaced. Remove the screws holding it in place, unplug it and replace the fan. Easy as pie.
  13. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea it is a NZXT 400w psu that came with the case, i've been meaning to upgrade my psu for a while now so I'm on the lookout..any recommendations? I want to go higher than 450w though, maybe like 550-600. Better safe than sorry.
  14. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought I just did! Just find a 500w Corsair, Thermaltake toughpower, Antec Earthwatts (not basiq) etc.
  15. sandiegoborn32

sandiegoborn32 New Member

Thanks Received:

Send me a picture then. I can definitely take a look at it. :)

PM me if you need my Email.
  16. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received: