1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking to get 2 monitors on the go.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by turtlerX, Apr 19, 2007.

1. turtlerX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, first post here. I want to set up 2 monitors on my PC. I am running a ATI Radeon 1650x. Can i get some help here??? I was wondering could i play games on one and have other programs running on the other?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. lordlatte

lordlatte

Thanks Received:
    I'm not quite sure what you're problem is, does the x1650 have two dvi plugs? Well, if you have two monitors, you can probably just hook the two monitors right into the card. I'm 98% sure the x1650 has two connectors, and at least one is dvi, probably both. If you built the computer yourself, it should have come with the adapters for vga monitors. Anyway, after you hook the two in, the both should get a signal, and it practically does itself. The question is, what help do you need?

3. turtlerX New Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem must be that the one of the monitors is an older model, built in 1998 :/ Could that be the problem?

4. lordlatte

lordlatte

Thanks Received:
    probably not, actually, no. If you know for sure that both monitors work, which you can easily test, then my guess is that there is some software thing you have to check. Check if ati has something in ccc to mark, or maybe you just need to adjust your screen resolution in properties-->display.

5. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes it will work, i can have one tft thats 19inch and a 14inch crt and it will work fine as i can change the size on both screens!! you can play games on one and say watch a film on the other one but only if you are playing the game in windowed mode! when its not in windowed mode you will find the 2nd monitor changes and everthing moves to the right and if you are watching a film it will go blank, but i can see things like temps and msn and such like!!

6. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received: