1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

looking to get a tablet

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    So,

I am finally interested in getting a tablet. I want to read books and play videos. The battery life should be really good. I have thought about just getting a kindle paperwhite but you lose the video playback. So, now I am looking at the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Tab 2. Any thoughts? I can't decide which is the safer/better choice to go with. Nexus/Galaxy/Kindle Fire HD/something else

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been pondering this too. I was looking at one for the single purpose of being able to reference/read books. I'm leaning toward the Kindle Fire.

3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I have done a bit of research on this lately...strictly for books a Kindle probably the way to go (even one w/ out a color screen of you want to save some bank and really don't think you'll use for anything else). For games a Google Nexus with it's quad is probably the way to go though Samsung Galaxys are nice as are some other brands like Asus. Really the other main consideration is what kind of storage option(s) you really want. The Google tablets don't have SD card slots, for example. There are a few other options for those without though such as wireless drives and cloud-based services like SkyDrive.

New Samsungs just came out too or are imminent I think...check out NextPowerUp.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.