1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

loosing sound in windows when I install display drivers for my eVGA 9800 gtx

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by tizzle132, May 27, 2008.

1. tizzle132 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it happends on both windows xp32 bit and vista 64 bit my drivers are fine ive been messing with this for 2 days now. I just purchased this graphics card and i get amazing visuals but no sound and if i uninstall the drivers than what do you know my sound comes back into play i sat on the phone yesterday with evga for an hour they said my gpu is physically fine and its a driver issue and then we got disconnected. i tried to call back but they were closed for memorial day lol i know right he hung up on me to go home. If anyone has any suggestions please share them because i am so fruserated at this point i have tried almost everything nothing seems to work. Thanks everyone!!:)

2. Fahim

Thanks Received:
    What soundcard do you have?

3. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Probably related to the HDMI port on the card. Not sure how it's set up though.

4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU!!! :)

Go into Device Manager. (Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager) after you have your graphics card driver installed. Do you see any yellow exclamation marks next to any device there?

If yes:

- Which device is it?
    - Click on the properties and tell us what type of error it's giving you.

5. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    yeah it's more than likely the HDMI that's doing it. Go into to Sounds in Control Panel, and be sure that you sound card is set to default. My changes everytime install never releases

tizzle132 says thanks.