1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Loss of video connection

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by NinkobEi, Jul 16, 2008.

1. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I seem to have issue running stressful games. ok, playing EQ1 (yah I know) I get frequent signal loss to my monitor, causing me to reboot. It usually happens after I've had time to heat up my system (say 20 minutes or so). my sound keeps running, though not for long because soon after my pc just dies. Now, I'm sure this isnt a video card issue because I just switched from a HD 3870 where I had the same exact problem, albeit in a different game.

Now, I have to ask you guys what the problem could be. I lowered my bus from 250 to 240mhz and that seemed to give me a little more time before the loss of signal.
    My idle core temp reading is 44 degrees celsius. Could it be my processor overheating?
    I'm running my ram at 1:1, but it passes memtest for several hours @ 500mhz.
    Or could it be my motherboard overheating? I really dont have any way of checking that.

any info I could give just let me know.
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Go back to stock for now...

Is 44C idle what your CPU always runs at? What's it @ under load in Orthos or Prime95? Could be overheating?

Got everest or an included MB util to watch voltages? Maybe PSU is crapping out on you...
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  4. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    hmm, with prime95 my temps jump up over 64 degrees fairly quickly. the abit eqlizer only shows my cpu getting up to about 50 degrees though, so I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'll try re-seating my cpu tommorrow and see if that works. psu is in my sys specs.
  5. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    mkay, set everything to stock. idle temps are at 37 celsius. took a little longer to crash this time...

after rebooting, and opening eq back in windowed mode I had the problem again only this time CCC used vpu-recovery and I didnt crash. so is this definitely a GPU error? maybe its not fully compatable with my mobo?